Getting error codes and issues while operating the QuickBooks software is common. The problem arises when you can’t understand why the error is occurring, and that creates a frustrating situation. One such error is the QuickBooks unrecoverable error. There are many reasons that can lead to this error code, and there are a few effective solutions to tackle this error, which we are going to discuss in this article. So keep reading to effectively resolve the unrecoverable error in QuickBooks.
If you are unable to resolve the error on your own, you can get in touch with our team of experts for assistance by dialing 1.855.738.2784.
Reasons for the QuickBooks Desktop Unrecoverable Error
The reasons that can trigger the QuickBooks unrecoverable error are –
- The QuickBooks component or registration file is damaged or corrupted.
- A network issue or power outage can cause this error.
- The Windows or the QuickBooks software needs to be updated.
- There are data integrity issues with the QuickBooks company file.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 6129
Terminating the Unrecoverable Error in QuickBooks
Follow the solutions provided below to fix the QuickBooks unrecoverable error –
Solution 1 – Perform a Quick Update of the Application
Firstly, update your QB Desktop to fix any minor glitches that might be causing the unrecoverable error.
- Open QuickBooks and go to the Helpmenu to select Update QuickBooks.
- Click on Update Now and select Get Updatesto initiate the download process.
- Once done, close QuickBooks and run the application again, followed by selecting Install Now.
Solution 2 – Repair the Damage to the .Net Framework
Manually perform a repair on the .net framework in the following manner –
- Access the Control Panelfrom the Start menu and go to the Program and Features
- Select Uninstall a Programand click on Turn Windows Features on or off.
- Check the .Netframework and network settings and turn them on.
Also see: QuickBooks Black and White Screen! Here’s What To Do
Solution 3 – Make a New Windows Admin Account
Create a new Windows admin to resolve the unrecoverable error in QuickBooks. For this, follow the below-given steps to create a new admin in Windows 10 –
- Select Settings from the Windows Startmenu and select Accounts.
- Click on Family & Other Usersand select Add someone else to this PC.
- Select I don’t have this person’s sign-in infoand fill in the details to create the new account.
- Click on Finish and then log in using the new admin credentials.
Solution 4 – Access QuickBooks while Suppressing the Application
Suppress QuickBooks Desktop and then access the company file to resolve the QuickBooks unrecoverable error 31197 00540.
- Double-click on the QBicon while holding the Ctrl key simultaneously.
- Keep on holding the Ctrlkey till you see the No Company Open window on your screen.
- Choose the required company file from the appeared window and select Open.
- Enter your login details if required and select OKwhile pressing the Alt
- Check if you are able to access your company file, and if the unrecoverable error is rectified.
To fix the QuickBooks unrecoverable error code, follow the solutions provided above. If the issue persists, you can get assistance from our support team in fixing the error by dialing 1.855.738.2784
Also read: Does Your QuickBooks Keeps Crashing Constantly? [Problem Solved]