QuickBooks offers advanced troubleshooting solutions to users. But, there are some issues that interrupt users. Like, the QuickBooks black and white screen emerge while using the application. Due to the display issues, the icons go missing, or the screen gets blurred. It usually happens because of inappropriate resolutions, view preferences, and high DPI. Stick to the advisory blog to get more insights on why the QuickBooks screen turns black and white.
If you require any consultation from experts to fix QuickBooks black and white screen, call us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 and communicate with the certified QuickBooks expert’s team
Reasons why QuickBooks screen went black and white
The factors given below will guide you with the root causes of the error:
- There is some misconfiguration in display settings.
- Windows graphics are damaged.
- The screen resolution is not set up correctly.
- You are using an outdated version of QuickBooks Desktop.
Now that you are aware of the root causes that give rise of the black and white screen issue, implement the troubleshooting solutions given in the next section.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 15270
Possible Solutions to Deal with QuickBooks black screen issue
Below are the most effective troubleshooting solutions that will help you fix the black and white screen issue:
Solution 1. Change DPI settings of QuickBooks
- Locate the QuickBooks icon, right-click it and choose Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab, select the Disable display scaling on the high DPI settings option and click Apply.
- Select OK, restart QuickBooks and check for the available Windows updates.
Solution 2. Change View Preferences for Desktop
- Open the QuickBooks company file, go to the top menu bar and click Edit.
- Move to Preferences, click Desktop View and select My Preferences.
- Switch view from Multiple Windows to One Window.
Solution 3. Set Windows theme to Basic
- Move to desktop, right-click anywhere and select the Personalize option.
- Select one of the Windows Basic Theme and restart your workstation.
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop application.
Solution 4. Download and Install QuickBooks Tool Hub on your PC and make use of the Quick Fix my Program
- Close the QuickBooks file and quit the application and download the setup file of the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub version.
- Save the setup file to a location you can easily access and head to the desktop.
- Locate the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file, double-click to open it, and follow the instructions given on the screen.
- Click on the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox to finish installing the QuickBooks Tool Hub. When the installation finishes, locate the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon on your desktop.
- Double-click the icon to open the tool hub and choose the Program Problems tab.
- Click Quick Fix my Program and let the tool fix program issues.
Through this advisory blog, we tried to provide the best possible troubleshooting solutions that will help you fix the QuickBooks black and white screen issue. However, if the error continues even after implementing the above steps, contact the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784.
You may also read: Learn How to Rectify QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS036