Numerous companies across the globe employ the QuickBooks software because of its robust technical foundation and thriving features. QuickBooks never fails to forward expanding updates and cater to all accounting needs. Further, its timely updates also fix technical blogs and can be considered security updates. Despite all the assets it offers, it occasionally goes under some technical difficulties. One of the most frequently complained about technical problems is QuickBooks won’t open. Due to numerous probable reasons, users lose accessibility to the QuickBooks software and its components. Since we cannot access the QuickBooks software, the troubleshooting must be implied externally. In the subsequent blog, we will learn how the eradication of the error can be done, followed by some symptoms and effective troubleshooting methods.
Dealing with technological errors can be challenging and especially when you are not from a technical background. To fix the error quickly, contact the official team of QuickBooks certified experts available at 1.855.738.2784.
Reasons behind the QuickBooks won’t open issue
The correct approach to watch any technical troubleshooting is to initiate by evaluating the origination of the error. By doing so, you know which troubleshooting is to be applied and what components must be fixed. Given below are some of the factors triggering the error.
- The QuickBooks require multiple files and folders to function and operate seamlessly. If any of these components are missing or damaged, then this error can be seen.
- Another reason why the users can’t open QuickBooks is that the essential files become untraceable, or those files might have incorrect extensions attached to them.
- The security applications installed on your desktop might be inhibiting the regular operation of QuickBooks.
- The users must update the QB application and Microsoft Windows to maintain compatibility between them.
- Storing the QuickBooks application and the company file in externally available storage rather than keeping it in local storage.
- The installation of the QuickBooks application was improper, which resulted in either partial installation or corrupted installation.
Out of all of these factors, you can fix a few of them by implying essential troubleshooting solutions such as restarting the system, disabling the antivirus, updating the QuickBooks and Microsoft Windows, correcting the installation, and so on.
Recommended To Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6150 1006
Symptoms for the QuickBooks won’t open issue
Since this is a generic technological issue, it doesn’t have any specific error code. Instead, it has a few symptoms that can help users in confirming the presence of the error and the problem associated with it. Here’s what you will face when you can’t open the QuickBooks desktop app.
- When you launch the QuickBooks application, all the other functional components and the desktop will crash.
- Likewise to the above situation, the applications on Microsoft Windows freeze.
- Accessibility to the company file is denied.
- The workstation starts to act slow and sluggish.
- The longer loading time of the applications.
If you encounter these situations, you must proceed with the advanced troubleshooting listed below.
Note: Before proceeding with the advanced resolutions, ensure that you have updated the QuickBooks application and have not made any configurational changes in the system. Further, ensure that you are employing the latest version of Microsoft Windows. Lastly, use the QuickBooks application in administrator mode.
You May Read Also: How To Resolve QuickBooks Connection has been lost
Practical Solutions for QuickBooks won’t open issue
Now we are aware of all the whys and hows of the error. Since we know where the problem lies and what the symptoms are affiliated with it, we can choose a better and more relevant resolution. We have listed some practical solutions that will assist you in terminating the error quickly and simply.
Solution 1: Use the ‘Quick Fix my Program Utility’ Feature from the QB Tool Hub
QuickBooks tool hub is meticulously designed to diagnose and treat complicated technological glitches. The automation of this error is made in a way that it will settle all the errors affiliated with the company file issues, installation problems, Network issues, and more.
- Start by moving to the certified website of ‘Intuit.’
- From the search bar, navigate the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Start installing the software and wait until the installation process is finished.
- The downloaded file must be saved in an easily approachable location.
- It is obligatory to accept all the terms and conditions, thereby setting it up by implementing the directions on the screen.
- Please open the file and search for the quick-fix my program option.
- This well-settled all the launching errors occurring with the QuickBooks application.
- Reboot the workstation and try opening the QuickBooks software and you will no longer see the QB will not open issue.
- If you do, then move to the subsequent resolution.
You May Read Also: How To Resolve Convert QuickBooks Deskotp To Online
Solution 2: Suppress the automatic activity of the QuickBooks
Whenever you try to access the QuickBooks software, it simultaneously launches the company file with itself as well. The automated pathway employed by QuickBooks could be corrupted, or the launching process might not be correct. Therefore, we will disable this automatic process by implementing the steps given below.
- If the QuickBooks 2020 desktop won’t load, then you must first update the application and ensure that there are no configurational problems.
- Close all the applications running in the background.
- Keep holding the ‘Ctrl’ key, And simultaneously try opening the QuickBooks software.
- The window, viz., ‘No company File Open.’
- If you are not able to confront this window, then repeat the process until you do.
- Lastly, reboot the workstation and try accessing the QB Application.
QuickBooks won’t open issues that will no longer persist after executing the troubleshooting pathways elaborated above. If it does, please instantly contact the QuickBooks troubleshooting helpline at 1.855.738.2784 And get all your errors settled directly from the skillful and experienced IT Professionals.
Related Search Terms : QuickBooks won’t open after windows 10 update, QuickBooks won’t load with blank screen, Can’t open the QuickBooks Desktop app, trouble opening QuickBooks, QuickBooks 2020 desktop won’t load, QB Desktop just wouldn’t open.
Recommended To Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 80