Accounting data management has been significantly simplified by the QuickBooks software, and it is now favoured by small and medium-sized companies worldwide. To save the critical business data of the enterprises, the company file is available in the QB application, and it is even possible to create a new company file for every segment of the business.
While accessing the company file, many errors often get triggered, and one of these errors is QuickBooks Error 6000 80. This is a very complicated error as it can pop up while operating the QB Desktop in the single-user mode as well as in the multi-user mode.
This article contains detailed techniques to tackle this company file error effectively, and the reasons behind this error have also been explained.
To get perfect technical support for eliminating QuickBooks Error 6000 80, dial 1.855.738.2784 to connect with our QB Technical Support Team.
Symptoms That Indicate 6000 80 Error Code in QuickBooks
The 6000 80 Error Code in QuickBooks can be easily identified through the symptoms listed below:
- Due to this error, the QB application will gradually become unresponsive, and it may even suddenly crash on your system.
- Windows operating system may also get inactive, and it can become difficult to work properly even on simple tasks such as closing an open window and clicking on a button.
- Immediate crash of the Windows operating system has also been reported as a symptom of this error by experts.
You May Read Also: How To Resolve QuickBooks Missing PDF Component
Prominent Causes of the 6000 80 Error Message in QuickBooks
The following reasons have been identified that cause the6000 80 Error Message in QuickBooks:
- If the company file that is being attempted to access is inherently corrupt, then this error can occur on the screen rapidly.
- Setting up more than one computer as the host computer for the company file also provokes QB Error 6000 80.
- Problems within the folder that acts as a host for the company file (company file folder) also trigger this issue frequently.
- Company file problems also arise due to outdated QB Desktop versions and corrupt Windows on the system.
Reliable Techniques to Fully Resolve the 6000 80 Company File Error in QuickBooks Desktop
The best techniques that you can utilize to eliminate 6000 80 Company File Error in QuickBooks Desktop have been elucidated here. Since this error occurs in both single-user and multi-user modes, you can choose the appropriate techniques from the relevant section below:
Recommended To Read: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 77
Situation 1: Error Gets Triggered While Utilizing Single-User Mode Feature
Technique 1: Wipe out this bothersome issue by assigning a new name to the configuration files on your computer
- In this technique, the Network Data (.ND) file and the Transaction Log File (.TLG) will be renamed, and for that purpose, you first need to launch the folder that contains your company file.
- Once you get inside the company file folder, you just need to right-click on these two files with the relevant extensions (.ND and .TLG), and after that, you can hit the ‘Rename’ option to put the word ‘.oldartkeyfile’ to the end of these configuration files’ names.
- A sample that you can consider for the previous step is this: ‘compnew.qbw.nd.oldartkeyfile’ and ‘compnew.qbw.tlg.oldartkeyfile’.
- The fresh names can be quickly saved by tapping the ‘Enter’ key, and then you can successfully access the required company file through QB Desktop in single-user mode.
Technique 2: Strike out this problem by shifting your company file to the Windows Desktop and then effortlessly accessing it
- Firstly, you must navigate to the company file folder to open it immediately, and then you have to right-click on the file possessing the ‘.QBW’ file extension (company file) to choose the ‘Copy’ option in order to create a fresh copy of the selected company file.
- Then you have to move back to the Windows Desktop to ‘Paste’ the copied company file, and after that, you have to launch the QB Desktop while tapping and pressing down the ‘Ctrl’ key continuously on your keyboard.
- As soon as the ‘No company open’ window crops up on the system’s screen, you need to jump to the ‘Open or restore an existing company’ tab to successfully access the company file that you have already pasted on your Desktop.
You May Read Also: How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 15270
Technique 3: Promptly make sure that you have the most updated version of the QB Desktop to exterminate this issue
- Just navigate to the ‘Help’ menu within your QB Desktop to strike on the ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’ tab, and then you can rapidly hit the ‘Update Now’ option as shown on your computer’s screen.
- Thereafter, you are required to tap the ‘Get Updates’ button to swiftly get the newest updates of your QB Desktop, and as soon as the update process is finished, you need to install the downloaded updates promptly.
- It is now necessary to reboot the system, and after the system opens again, you can go forward to access your company file easily through the QB Desktop.
Situation 2: Error Gets Triggered While Utilizing Multi-User Mode Feature
Technique 4: Terminate this company file error by fully executing the QB Database Server Manager
- To make full use of the QB Database Server Manager, your first task is to get the QB Tool Hub from Intuit’s website, and then you have to initiate the installation of the tool hub by opening up the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file.
- By correctly following all the steps as they show up on your screen after launching the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file, you will be able to install the tool hub, and then you need to open it up fast.
- Hop to the icon named ‘Network Issues’ within the tool hub, and then you are required to tap the ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager’ tab, and after that, you can easily load the company file into this tool by using the ‘Browse’ option.
- Once the company file is provided to this tool, you can strike the ‘Start Scan’ button to commence the scanning process of the company file, and after the scan has been done, you can open up your required data file through the QB application without any further problems.
Recommended To Read: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 1904
Technique 5: Switch off all the ongoing QB processes on the server computer to expunge this issue
- Immediately log into your server computer with admin privileges, and then you should tap the ‘Ctrl+Alt+Delete’ keys to launch the Windows Task Manager, and thereafter, you need to hit the ‘Processes’ tab.
- Next, you should carefully select all the QB processes from the on-screen list, such as ‘QBW32.exe’, ‘QBDBMgr.exe’ etc., and then you need to strike the ‘End Task’ button located at the end of the Task Manager window.
- All the ongoing QB processes will get fully terminated on the server computer, and then you can go forward to launch your QB Desktop to access the required company file in multi-user mode.
When you correctly utilize the techniques mentioned in this article, the QuickBooks Error 6000 80 will get completely rectified. It is advisable for all QB users to update their QB Desktop as soon as the new updates are released by Intuit. If you need more technical help regarding this error or any other related issue, you can dial 1.855.738.2784 to contact our QB Technical Support Team.
Recommended To Read: How To Resolve Convert QuickBooks Online To Deskotp