QuickBooks is the leading accounting software, which offers various features to the user and like any other software, it is too vulnerable to errors, one of them being QuickBooks error code 1904. The error code can occur for a few reasons, like when the Microsoft .Net Framework is damaged, outdated, or missing from Windows. The error prevents users from accessing their QB application and needs to be addressed on a priority basis. In this article, we will mention the reasons and effective solutions to eliminate the QuickBooks Desktop error 1904.
If you are unable to perform the steps to address the issue, you can get help from our QB support team by contacting us at 1.855.738.2784.
What are the Root Causes behind QuickBooks Enterprise Error 1904?
The QuickBooks error message 1904 can occur due to the following possible factors –
- QuickBooks installation files are not working correctly, or they might be damaged.
- Your QB Desktop has become obsolete, and you need to upgrade it to the latest release.
- Another cause of QB error 1904 is the existence of a damaged or corrupted Windows component in the computer device, which is preventing you from accessing the company file.
- Invasion of a virus or malware in your system can further disrupt the normal functioning of QB on your desktop.
- You have accidentally deleted vital files or essential Windows components are missing.
Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1904 Efficiently
After going through the causes of this error, let us now proceed to the solutions to fix QuickBooks error message 1904.
Solution 1: Execute a Quick Fix for Microsoft MSXML Component
Since the main reason behind this error is the damage to the Microsoft component, we can start by mending the Microsoft MSXML component.
- Run window, then type “Control Panel” into the search field to access it.
- Hit the OK button to open a new window and then hit Programs and Features and further select Uninstall a Program.
- Select MSXML 6.0 from the list of programs that appeared on your screen and press the uninstall/change button to select Remove or Repair.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to complete the repair process and re-install the msxml.msi file.
- Lastly, perform a system reboot and re-launch QuickBooks to check the status of the error code 1904.
Recommended to read – QuickBooks Error 6177
Solution 2: Upgrade your Windows by Installing the Latest Available Updates
The windows on your system might be of an older version, so what you need to do is to update your windows to the latest version by following these steps.
- From the Windows Start menu, go to the Settings and select Windows Update to check for available updates. Download the updates and upgrade your Windows OS to the newer version.
- Once done, rerun QB and see if the error code 1904 is terminated.
QuickBooks error 1904 can disrupt the functioning of your QuickBooks Desktop and you can follow the solutions given in this article to fix it. In case the solutions don’t help you resolve the issue, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 to get immediate assistance from our team of experts.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 1321