QuickBooks is the most used accounting software due to the plethora of features it has to offer to users. For example, you can access different accounts, manage business finance, and stay organized with your accounting data. At times, the user can encounter errors during installation or updation of the software. QuickBooks Error 1321 appears out of nowhere when the installer cannot write a file due to specific reasons related to permission issues and system errors. Here in this article, we have listed the solutions and probable causes of QuickBooks Desktop Error 1321.
If you are unable to follow these steps, you can ring us at 1.855.738.2784 to get help from our support team.
What are the Signs and symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 1321
The following points can aid you in identifying the QuickBooks install error 1321. First, let us explore those signs of QB error 1321 one by one:
- Your screen may display a message like “The installer has insufficient permission to modify the file C:\Program Files\ Intuit\ QuickBooks\ CfScan.DLL” OR “The installer has insufficient permissions to modify the file at C:\Program Files\ Intuit\QuickBooks YEAR\QBONLI32.DLL“.
- When the QuickBooks file gets damaged, it might point to QB error 1321.
- The speed of the software lowers, or the software responds sluggishly, another indication of QB error 1321.
Recommended to read – QuickBooks Error 1723
Root Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 1321
Some of the root causes of QB error code 1321 are the following:
- QuickBooks is not responding because the process of updating the file might be quicker than that of copying the file.
- The antivirus or any other security software is blocking QuickBooks updates or installation and is making QB inaccessible to the user.
- The files are restricted due to Windows permissions leading to QuickBooks, not opening.
- QuickBooks has become obsolete because Files required to install the QuickBooks application are corrupt or damaged.
Solutions to Rectify QuickBooks Error Code 1321 Quickly
Solution 1: Download and Run QuickBooks Tool Hub
Installing and running QB Tool Hub is one of the easiest ways to rectify any error in QB; follow these steps to perform it.
- Install QuickBooks Tool Hub and save it somewhere on the local storage where you can easily open and run it.
- Access the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file from the downloaded location.
- The prompts to install appear on the screen. Follow the prompts on the screen and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once the download finishes, double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon on the desktop.
Solution 2: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to Rectify General Installation Issues
Running QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool helps to identify and repair almost all the errors in QB, including error 1321; follow the steps listed down to successfully perform this solution.
- In the QuickBooks Tool Hub, press Installation Issues and select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool, which will run for about 20 minutes.
- Once that is completed, restart the system and confirm if QuickBooks Update Error 1321 persists.
QuickBooks error 1321 is a common error; you don’t need to be alarmed if you encounter it because it can be eliminated easily. This article mentions the easiest solutions to QB error 1321, and if the error persists, you can call us at 1.855.738.2784 to get immediate assistance from our support team.
You may read also – QuickBooks Error 6123