The QuickBooks error 6123, 0 usually pops up while accessing the company file and can prevent the user from working on their company file. The error can occur due to various possible reasons, like problems while connecting to the server. The error is also common in the multi-user environment and needs to be addressed on a priority basis. If you are getting the QuickBooks error 6123, you can follow the reasons and solutions given below to terminate it easily.
If you are unable to resolve the error code on your own, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 and get assistance from our technical support team.
What are the Common Triggers for the QuickBooks Error Message 6123?
The QB error code 6123 can occur due to the following possible factors –
- A damaged or corrupted company file is the most common reason for the 6123 error code.
- You are using an external storage device to store the company file you are trying to access.
- There is an unstable or disrupted internet connection between the file and the server.
- There are issues with QuickBooks .ND and .TLG files, and they might be corrupted.
- Windows firewall is causing an obstruction, making it difficult to run the company file.
- A damaged Windows user can also contribute to the company file error.
Recommended to read – How To Fix QuickBooks Error 6147
Steps to Dismiss the QuickBooks Company File Error 6123 Effectively
If you are encountering the QuickBooks error code 6123, follow the steps given below to terminate it –
Step 1 – Utilize the File Doctor Utility from the QB Tool Hub to Run a File Repair
Problems with the QuickBooks company file can be easily fixed by running the file doctor tool.
- Download and save the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file at an accessible location and follow the on-screen prompts to install it.
- Once installed, open the tool hub and go to the Company File Issues tab to find the QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
- Run the tool and browse your company file, followed by selecting the Check your File and Network option.
- Let the tool run and repair the company file problems, and once done, re-launch QuickBooks to access your company file and see if the error is fixed.
Step 2 – Rename the Network Data and Transaction Log Files to Mend the File Corruption
The .ND and .TLG files need to be running correctly to resolve the QuickBooks Desktop error 6123.
- Go to the QuickBooks File Directory and find the files with the .ND and .TLG extensions.
- Select a file and right-click on it to select Rename and add .OLD at the end of the file name.
- Hit Enter to save the new name and repeat this step for all the network data and transaction log files.
- Once done, run QuickBooks and see if the company file error 6123 is eradicated.
You can eliminate the QuickBooks error 6123 by following the steps given in the article. Use the solutions, and if the error code persists, you can call us at 1.855.738.2784 to get professional help from our QB experts.
You may read also – QuickBooks Error 6144 82