If you see that your QuickBooks cannot communicate with the company file, it is because of the interference by the Windows firewall. However, the technical issue is not limited to the incorrect settings of the firewall; it can also encounter due to a plethora of other reasons. In this informative blog, we will discuss the matter and learn other causes along with the top two fixing methods. Hence, to know more in detail, make sure you read this article till the end.
If you are stuck because your company file is unable to connect with QuickBooks, take immediate assistance from our technical support team by dialing Toll-Free 1.855.738.2891.
Why Does the Company File Connection Error Take Place in QuickBooks?
Here, we will explain to you the most obvious reasons that trigger the problem. To know, look at the following enlisted points-
- Not updating the version of the QuickBooks Desktop you have can cause the error to arise.
- One of the other reasons for incurring the glitch could be the improper configuration of the Windows firewall.
You may read also : QuickBooks Exeadapter Error
How to Troubleshoot the Issue When QuickBooks Desktop Does Not Respond to the Company File?
Do you not know how to get through the issue? Do not worry. Below in this section of the blog, we have provided some solutions to fix it. Go through them-
SOLUTION 1: Perform the QuickBooks Desktop Update Process
- After quitting your QuickBooks Desktop, move your cursor to the ‘Start’ menu of your Windows desktop.
- Now, look for ‘QuickBooks’ with the help of the search bar.
- Once located, right-click on its icon and click on the ‘Run as Administrator’ option.
- In the next step, go to the No Company Open screen by pressing the ‘Ctrl’ key and double-clicking on the QuickBooks icon together.
- Further, tap on the ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’ option available under the ‘Help’ menu.
- After moving towards the ‘Options’ tab, hit ‘Mark All’ and ‘Save’.
- Next, from the ‘Update Now’ tab, checkmark the ‘Reset Update’ checkbox.
- You are now required to download the available updates. To download, click ‘Get Updates’.
- Once downloaded, quit the current window and restart your QuickBooks application.
- At last, install the updates.
SOLUTION 2: Make Changes in the Windows Firewall Settings
- On the Windows ‘Start’ section, type in ‘Windows Firewall’.
- Now, open the window and go to the ‘Advanced Settings’ section.
- After that, right-click on ‘Inbound Rules’ and then ‘New Rule’.
- Further, hit ‘Port’ and move to the next step after clicking ‘Next’.
- You must ensure to select ‘TCP’ before going forward to the Specific Local Ports section.
- Next, provide the specific port you require.
- After that, click ‘Next’ and hit ‘Allow the Connection’.
- Again, click on the ‘Next’ button and ensure to select all the profiles.
- As you tap ‘Next’, you will be asked to create a rule.
- In the end, choose the ‘Finish’ button.
We hope after reading this content, you must have understood how to deal with the problem when QuickBooks cannot communicate with the company file. We have attempted our best to deliver you the most relevant information about it. However, if you require any additional details apart from the given info, reach out to one of the certified professionals at our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2891.
You may read also : QuickBooks Won’t Update