Although QuickBooks offers various services to its users, sometimes technical errors can stop the daily functionality of the application. To avail of various latest features of the software, you require updating the QuickBooks Desktop and the services you have subscribed for. However sometimes, QuickBooks won’t update and you might come across several glitches that prevent you from performing the process. Hence, through this article, we have explained some factors that affect the issue along with two troubleshooting methods. Read it out.
To clarify your queries regarding the update issues in QuickBooks, get in touch with the technical assistance team at our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2891.
What are the Prime Reasons Due to Which You Cannot Update in QuickBooks?
In this part of the blog, we have mentioned some of the most obvious causes of the issue. To know, have a look at the following points briefly-
- It might have happened that the internet connection setting is not to the point, and hence, the error keeps on coming up.
- The date and time set on your Windows desktop can also cause trouble, sometimes. If both the info is incorrect, it can hamper the update procedure.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error PS038
What Steps Should Be Followed When the QuickBooks Desktop Does Not Perform the Update Process?
Here are a few fixing methods that you can follow to troubleshoot the issue completely. Make sure you go through each step precisely-
SOLUTION 1: Make Changes in the Configuration of Internet Connection
- At first, launch your QuickBooks Desktop, and from the ‘Help’ menu, tap on the ‘Internet Connection Setup’ option.
- In the next step, you must choose ‘Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet’.
- After tapping on the ‘Next’ button, move to ‘Advanced Connection Settings’.
- Further, in the ‘Advanced’ section, hit ‘Restore Advanced Settings’.
- Now, click on the ‘OK’ button and then ‘Done’.
- Once you confirm the action, download the updates of your QuickBooks Desktop to the latest releases.
SOLUTION 2: Validate the Date and Time Set on Your Windows Desktop
- On your Windows desktop, right-click on the system clock.
- After that, tap on the ‘Adjust Date/Time’ option.
- In the next step, you are required to hit ‘Change date and time’ and further edit the detail.
- You must make sure to mention the accurate info.
- Once done, click on the ‘OK’ button twice.
- Now, launch your QuickBooks Desktop and try to update the software again.
As we come to a conclusion, we suppose by now you must have understood what processes to follow when QuickBooks won’t update. The solutions have been completely tried and tested by our experienced professionals. If such a circumstance arises where you find it challenging to debug the problem, we recommend immediately having a one-to-one consultation with one of the certified QuickBooks technical experts by dialing our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2891. You can also connect with the team if you have any doubts about the matter.
You may read also : What’s the Deal with QuickBooks error 179 and How to Resolve it?