Users of QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online frequently encounter banking issues. The QuickBooks error 108 that appears when downloading banking transactions and managing bank accounts will be covered is one such error. Additionally, some customers see this problem when attempting to use online banking in QuickBooks Online. The error message 108 only shows that the bank or credit card has posted a message to their website, so there is no need to be concerned. Stay tuned till the end of this blog as we will walk you through the steps needed to fix the QuickBooks banking error 108.
Reach out to the QuickBooks technical support staff for assistance by calling us at 1-855-856-0042 if you are experiencing QuickBooks error code 108 and need instant help to fix it.
Why does QuickBooks Banking Error 108 occur?
Numerous factors might cause QuickBooks Error 108 to appear. Prior to beginning the troubleshooting technique, it is crucial to identify the fundamental cause. Check the following list of significant causes of the error before moving on to the solutions:-
- Your bank or other financial institution might have sent you some notifications that are unread.
- Your computer’s pop-up blocker might be preventing the bank from sending you notifications and communications.
- It is possible that no identification of the user can be confirmed by your banking institution.
- The bank account linked to QuickBooks Online might not be not currently logged in by the user.
- A few adjustments might have been made to the bank’s website.
- QuickBooks might be unable to connect to or access the bank server’s data.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Email not working
Understanding How to Fix Error 108 in QuickBooks Online
Here are some tested strategies to assist you in immediately resolving the bank error:-
Refresh your QuickBooks bank connections in QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Self-Employed
To refresh bank connection when using QuickBooks Online:
- Select the Bookkeeping menu after logging into QuickBooks Online.
- Click Bank transactions after selecting Transactions, and then click on Update.
To refresh bank connection when using Self-Employed QuickBooks:
- Log in to QuickBooks Self-Employed, pick Bank Accounts from the Profile icon, and then click on it.
- Finally, select the Refresh all option.
Observe and edit the bank notifications
To see and edit bank notifications:-
- Launch a web browser, log into your QuickBooks Online banking account, and look for notifications.
- Clear any notifications that don’t need to be addressed right away or respond to those that must.
- Open QuickBooks Online, log out of the bank account and then sign into your QuickBooks Online account.
- Select Banking from the left side panel, then click the Banking tab.
- Choose Update, then adhere to the on-screen directions.
Turn off the pop-up blocker on your computer
To turn off the pop-up blocker:-
- Go to Settings after opening the web browser you used to sign up for QuickBooks Online.
- Lookup installed extensions, then locate a pop-up blocker.
- Open the anti-virus program, locate the pop-up blocker option, and disable the pop-up blocker.
- Try downloading transactions into QuickBooks Online after you’re finished.
The troubleshooting techniques covered in this article are thought to be the most efficient. We anticipate that they will assist you in fixing QuickBooks error 108. It’s possible for the error to come back or remain. In that situation, call our helpline number 1-855-856-0042 to speak with the QuickBooks technical support team.
Read more: QuickBooks Keeps Crashing