As you need to update QuickBooks Desktop after every particular period of time, following the appropriate procedure is essential. When using the Desktop version, you can use two ways to use download and install the QuickBooks update to the newest release. One of the ways is to perform the update manually, and the other is automatic. As a result, let us discuss it in more detail by reading out this informative blog. We have also explained some of the points that will help you to understand the advantages of updating QB.
If you face any difficulties in updating any version of QuickBooks Desktop, get in touch with the technical assistance team through our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2784.
Why Should I Update the Version of QuickBooks Installed On My Device?
As updating QuickBooks is important, here will focus on the major points that will help you understand its merits. Thus, go through each point in detail-
- You get a rich user experience in using the QuickBooks Desktop and its features.
- It increases the security of the application.
- You get to avail of new features.
Read further to know the step-by-step process of updating QuickBooks.
Two Alternate Ways of Downloading and Installing QuickBooks Updates to the Latest Release
Here, we have focused on two ways of updating the QuickBooks Desktop. Go through both the methods and perform one of them as per your convenience-
METHOD 1: Make Use of the Automatic Mode to Update the QuickBooks Application
- Go to the QuickBooks Desktop account.
- Under the ‘Help’ menu, opt for the ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’ option.
- After you proceed towards the ‘Reset Update’ checkbox, mark it, and then begin the download process by clicking on the ‘Get Updates’ button.
- Once the updates are downloaded successfully, quit the QuickBooks application, and re-run it.
- A message will be displayed on the screen asking you to install the updates; hit the ‘Yes’ button to confirm the action.
METHOD 2: Download and Install the QuickBooks Program Updates Manually
- Close QuickBooks and then search for the QuickBooks Desktop on your Windows desktop.
- Now, tap on the ‘Run as Administrator’ option by right-clicking on the QuickBooks icon.
- After that, keep pressing the ‘Ctrl’ key and double-click on the QuickBooks symbol to redirect to the No Company Open screen.
- Choose the ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’ option from the ‘Help’ menu.
- In the next step, you must shift to the ‘Options’ section.
- Under the ‘Options’ menu, hit ‘Mark All’ and ‘Save’.
- Go ahead towards the ‘Update Now’ tab and then enable the ‘Reset Updates’ checkbox.
- Opt for the ‘Get Updates’ button and then exit QuickBooks after the download completes.
- Re-launch the QuickBooks application to complete the installation of updates.
- In the last step, reboot your computer system.
By now, you have a clear idea of how to update QuickBooks Desktop successfully. When you choose to install the updates in automatic mode, you have an option to schedule the update time as well. So, if, apart from the mentioned details, you require any other assistance, give us a call at our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2784 to have a consultation with one of the pro advisors.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 1328