The QuickBooks error 9000 occurs when there are issues establishing a stable connection. This error can occur due to internet connectivity issues and other possible reasons. When the QuickBooks Desktop cannot communicate to the server, the QuickBooks can’t send payroll error 9000 gets triggered. If you are encountering this error code, follow this article till the end to learn the various steps to get rid of it. We are going to provide you with the possible reasons for the error and effective solutions to fix it.
You can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 for technical assistance if you are having difficulty fixing the error code on your own.
Why Does the QuickBooks Payroll Error 9000 Arise?
The QuickBooks error code 9000 can pop up due to the following reasons –
- You do not have a stable internet connection to operate QuickBooks.
- If you are using QuickBooks in multi-user mode, this error can pop up.
- When your internet security certificate has become invalid or has expired.
- There is a network time-out issue that is causing the error code 9000.
You may read also: How To Resolve QuickBooks Database Server Manager Stopped
Getting Rid of the QuickBooks Payroll Server Connection Error
Follow the solutions provided below to fix the QuickBooks error code 9000 –
Step 1 – Review Your Settings to Ensure a Stable Connection
If your internet connection is unstable, you need to change the settings to establish a connection.
- Go to the QuickBooks Help menu and select Use my computer’s internet connection to establish a connection.
- On the Advanced Connection Settings tab, select LAN and click on Automatically Detect Settings.
- Press OK and click on Done to save the modifications made.
Step 2 – Perform a System Restore and Switch Back to the Previous Version
Restore your system by switching back to the previous version when the error was not taking place.
- Access the Control Panel from the Windows Start menu, and type System Restore.
- Enter your admin credentials and select a Restore Point that you created earlier.
- Complete the restore process by following the instructions appearing on the screen.
Step 3 – Clean Your Disk to Remove Temporary Files
Run the Disk Cleanup Tool to remove temporary junk files that might be causing the QuickBooks error code 9000.
- Press Windows + R on your keyboard and type cleanmgr in the run text box.
- Wait for the disk cleanup utility to appear and select the C drive from the drop-down list.
- Click OK when a new disk cleanup utility pops up and clean all the junk temporary files.
Step 4 – Enable QuickBooks Single-User Hosting Mode
Lastly, you can disable multi-hosting on your computer by clicking the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option. This will enable the single-user mode and help in resolving the QuickBooks payroll error 9000.
The QuickBooks error code 9000 can be easily resolved with the help of the solutions provided in this article. If you are still unable to resolve the error, you can reach out to our expert team at 1.855.738.2784 to get assistance.
Recommended to read: How To Resolve QuickBooks unable to open company file