QuickBooks users who intend to use the direct deposit feature to pay their employees must provide the necessary information as per the recently-notified federal compliance rules.
They receive an on-screen message to submit their relevant details, and when the QB users strike on the ‘Update Now’ button on that message to provide their details, QuickBooks Error 40001 crops up instantly, preventing them from updating their information.
Experts have analyzed this error in detail & developed some solutions, which have been described in this blog.
If you are troubled by QuickBooks Error 40001, you can dial 1-855-856-0042 to seek effective assistance from our QB Experts Team.
Recommended to read: How to Resolve QuickBooks Connection has been lost
QuickBooks Desktop 40001 Error Message: Major Reasons
The QuickBooks Desktop 40001 Error Message mostly pops up due to the reasons explained below:
- If the QB user is not utilizing the QB application with admin privileges, then QB Error 40001 can emerge while updating the necessary information as per the federal rules.
- Faulty QB Desktop installation and problems inside the company file can provoke this technical problem very easily.
Decimate 40001 Direct Deposit Error Code in QuickBooks through These Solutions
The 40001 Direct Deposit Error Code in QuickBooks can be eradicated completely through the solutions mentioned below:
Solution 1: Operate the QB application on the system with full admin rights to weed out this direct deposit error
- Find out the valid location where the QB Desktop application is saved on your system, and after that, you must reach that location promptly and then right-click on the QB Desktop’s icon so that you can finally tap the ‘Run as administrator’ option.
- Now, you will be asked to provide valid QB Desktop admin credentials, and once you type those credentials in the appropriate place, you only need to tap the ‘Enter’ key to easily access the QB Desktop application with full admin privileges.
- At this step, you shall type all the information required to successfully comply with the federal rules, and thereafter, you will be able to easily utilize the direct deposit feature to pay your employees.
Solution 2: Identify & weed out all the technical problems from your company file by scanning it through the ‘Verify & Rebuild Data Tool’
- To gain access to the ‘Verify & Rebuild Data Tool’, the first task is to launch the QB Desktop application and then rapidly move to the ‘File’ menu to strike the ‘Utilities’ tab, after which it will be easy to tap the ‘Verify Data’ icon.
- The ‘Verify Data’ tool will now execute to detect any technical problems inside your company file, and if it does not find any problem within your data file, then you shall not proceed further.
- If, however, any technical problems are identified inside the company file, then move straightaway to the ‘Utilities’ tab to promptly identify & tap the ‘Rebuild Data’ icon.
- Before the ‘Rebuild Data’ tool’s execution is commenced, a separate backup copy of your company file will be swiftly generated, and you will be required to provide a valid location on your system to save this backup file.
- After you have successfully saved the backup company file, the ‘Rebuild Data’ tool will commence its execution automatically to decimate all the technical issues inside the company file.
- You will be informed promptly through an on-screen message about the completion of the ‘Rebuild Data’ tool’s execution, and thereafter, you can successfully update the information mandated by the federal rules.
QuickBooks Error 40001 will be completely exterminated by implementing the solutions described above carefully in the stepwise sequence. For more technical help, dial 1-855-856-0042 to contact our QB Professionals Team.
Also read this blog: Tips and Tricks to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 179