QuickBooks is an accounting software developed by Intuit that offers amazing features that make it easier for small business owners and companies to maintain their accounting. However, there are times when users have to deal with certain errors, like the QuickBooks Error 179, that occur when they try to create a backup to company files or log in to their bank’s website. This could be really annoying and should be dealt with immediately, or it might become persistent. It can happen due to factors like a damage in the backup file data and incorrect bank selection. This article provides all the details about the causes and solution for this error, so you should try looking through it till the end.
If you need help with the quick resolution of the QB Error Code 179, you can give us a call at our toll-free number,1-855-856-0042, and speak to our technical team experts.
What are some reasons that can potentially result in the QuickBooks Error Code 179?
Some reasons that can potentially result in the QuickBooks error code 179 include the following:-
- The transaction log files that contain all the transactions might have undergone damage.
- The data in the backup file, if corrupted, can result in the error being discussed.
- You might have selected an incorrect bank when you were logging in to your bank’s website.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks Error 213
What methods can be implemented to get rid of the 179 error in QuickBooks?
Methods that can be implemented to get rid of the 179 errors in QuickBooks include the following:-
Use the tools from the QuickBooks tool hub to deal with QuickBooks file issues
Execute the below-given steps to deal with the QuickBooks file issues using tools from the QuickBooks Tool Hub:-
- Log in to the Intuit Website on your web browser and then download the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Install the setup file you just downloaded to a safe and convenient location, and then open it.
- In the tool hub, when you move to the section for Company file issues, you will find the QuickBooks File Doctor too. Select and launch it to deal with issues in QuickBooks files.
- Once the file doctor tool diagnoses and reverses damage in the files, you can check if the error has been rectified.
Additional Steps to troubleshoot the 179 error in QuickBooks
Below-given are some additional steps to troubleshoot the 179 error in QuickBooks:-
- Repair any damage in the windows registry on your computer to eliminate the error.
- Clear the cache data from your internet browser to make sure that it does not interfere with QuickBooks.
- Open the QBWin.log file from the file explorer or the QuickBooks product information window.
These are the methods that can be implemented to get rid of QuickBooks Error 179. We recommend you have a stable internet connection while logging in to your bank’s website, and also make sure that you enter the correct credentials while doing so. If the error continues to be a problem, you can call us at our toll-free number,1-855-856-0042, for technical assistance from our QuickBooks Experts.
Also read: Instructions to get rid of the QuickBooks Error 15106