Many technical errors prevent QuickBooks Desktop users from successfully accessing the company file, and one of the most common error messages that they receive is ‘QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost’.
This error can cause sudden freezing or crash of the computer, and the QB Desktop users might be unable to perform any simple tasks such as clicking on the button or tabs, closing applications, etc.
Some solutions which are widely popular to resolve this error are described in a comprehensive manner in this blog.
Confronting ‘QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost’ Error? Simply dial 1-855-856-0042 to get effective assistance from our QB Professionals Team.
QuickBooks Connection Failure Error: Main Reasons
The major reasons that cause QuickBooks Connection Failure Error are explained as follows:
- Interruptions initiated due to improper settings of the Windows firewall and antivirus applications can cause this technical issue.
- Storing the company file (‘.QBW’) on a drive or external network can cause connection failure while accessing it.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks Error 6000 83
Effective Solutions for Connection Lost Error Message in QuickBooks Desktop
The Connection Lost Error Message in QuickBooks Desktop can be resolved through the solutions mentioned below:
Solution. 1: Reboot your system and then launch QB Desktop again to ensure successful access to the desired company file
- The simplest way to tackle this complex technical problem is to just restart your system and then access the QB Desktop application swiftly.
- Once you have launched the QB application again on the computer, you can move ahead to access the desired company file successfully.
Solution. 2: Perform a complete execution of the Quick Fix my Program tool to root out all the program issues from your system
- In order to execute the Quick Fix my Program tool, the first task that must be done is to download the newest version of the QB Tool Hub on your system from the official Intuit website and then proceed promptly to the location where the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file has got saved.
- Thereafter, correctly open up the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file and follow all the steps listed on the screen in the correct fashion so that you are able to carry out the complete installation of the QuickBooks Tool Hub on the system.
- After accomplishing the installation of the tool hub, just launch it by double-clicking its icon, after which you shall identify & tap the ‘Program Problems’ tab promptly.
- At this step, you will successfully find the ‘Quick Fix my Program’ icon on which you must click so that it commences its execution to weed out all the program issues from the computer.
- Once you note that the execution of the Quick Fix my Program tool has taken place, you can go ahead to access the company file without facing this issue.
Solution. 3: Successfully repair your entire company file by executing the QB File Doctor tool
- Since you have already installed the QuickBooks Tool Hub as per the previous solution on your system, you can now easily open it up and simply tap the ‘Company File Issues’ tab, after which you will be able to locate the ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor’ icon.
- Once you reach the ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor’ icon, you shall utilize the ‘Browse and search’ option to find your desired company file and then strike the ‘Check your file’ and the ‘Continue’ buttons to finally type the QB admin credentials.
- Upon tapping the ‘Next’ button, the QB File Doctor will start scanning & repairing the company file, and when the company file has been totally repaired, you can open up the QB Desktop application to gain easy access to your selected data file.
The ‘QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost’ error will be easily decimated if you use the aforementioned solutions in the correct sequence. For more technical help, just dial 1-855-856-0042 to contact our QB Experts Team.
Also read this blog: What is QuickBooks Error 108 and How to Rectify it