QuickBooks error H202 occurs while trying to open a company file that you have stored on another computer; thus, it demands an additional installation and setup. It majorly arises in multi-user mode, and several reasons lead to this error code; therefore, you need to fix it at the earliest. To resolve this error as early as possible, follow this article to the end.
If you are unable to follow the steps, you can call us at (855)-738-0359 to get guidance from our support team.
Quick Solutions to Eliminate QuickBooks Error H202
In order to eliminate QuickBooks Error Code H202 in QuickBooks Desktop, these are steps that you need to follow in your program and system.
Solution 1 – Try to Ping your Host Device through your Workstation
It is important to review your connection by pinging your server from one of the workstations –
- Locate your host device and launch the Windows Start menu.
- In the search panel, type Run and choose the option to access the prompt box.
- Now enter CMD in the search space of the Run box and tap on the OK button to bring up a black window with a blinking cursor.
- Type “ipconfig/all” on your screen and press the Enter key.
- You will be shown some details on the screen from which you must go to the Windows IP Configuration section and find your Host Name on the right side.
- Copy the server’s name, store it in the Notepad, and you need to open one of your workstations, and bring up the Run window.
- Go to the CMD screen and type “ping [your server name]” – enter the name you copied, exclude the brackets, and hit Enter.
- Perform the same steps for all the workstations that are experiencing this error.
Solution 2: Fix the Network Issues with the Help of QB Database Server Manager
Through this solution, you must repair the multi-use mode issues in your device and also fix the access permissions of your firewall –
- Download the newest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub from Intuit and double-click on the downloaded file to begin the installation.
- After this, access the tool on your screen and hit the Network Issues button.
- Select QuickBooks Database Server Manager and also install it if required.
- Click on Start Scan and search for your company file by pressing the Browse button to move onto the next step.
- Press the Start Scan again, and do not quit the window until the scan is completed.
- Tap on Close, open QuickBooks, and switch to the multi-user mode, then check if the error is rectified or not.
Solution 3 – Take the Help from QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
QuickBooks File Doctor is an amazing tool for diagnosing and repairing several errors in QuickBooks.
- After finishing the installation, launch the QuickBooks Tool Hub, and choose Company File Issues from the menu.
- From the drop-down menu, select the company file, and if the file isn’t visible, you can browse and search from the available list.
- After locating the file, tick the box next to Check your File, then Continue.
- Now, enter the admin username and password in the box, select Next and you are done with this solution.
Read more :- How to fix QuickBooks error code 6177?
QuickBooks error H202 is a common error that you can quickly eliminate with the help of this article. If the error persists, you can call us at (855)-738-0359 to get immediate assistance from our support team.
You may also read :- QuickBooks Payroll Error PS060 (Best Ways to Fix It)