If you are a QuickBooks Desktop user having multiple businesses, you will need to create multiple company files. At times, your QuickBooks might work perfectly fine with one company file, but when you make a new one, you might end up getting an error with error code 6106. This is a common error in QuickBooks that restricts a user from creating a new company file in the program and can quickly be resolved with proper troubleshooting solutions. In this article, we will look at some of the most common reasons due to which you might face QuickBooks error 6106 and solutions that you can implement to resolve the error in no time. So keep reading the article until the end and get ready to resolve this company file error the next time you encounter it.
If you feel you are not good at troubleshooting and can cause unintentional damage to the company data, dial 1.800.579.0391 and get in touch with our team of certified QuickBooks Desktop experts for quick help and support
The List of Reasons that can Prompt Error 6106 in QuickBooks Desktop
- The first and the most common reason you might end up getting error 6106 is the corruption in the company data that can quickly be resolved using QuickBooks File Doctor.
- An outdated QuickBooks Desktop can be a hub to uninvited bugs and issues that can sometimes trigger error 6106 while creating a new company file in the program.
Till now, the above mentioned are the only two known reasons that can possibly trigger error code 6106 in QuickBooks Desktop. Next in this article, we will discuss the solutions that you need to follow to resolve the error in no time.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 15101
Here’s How to Resolve QuickBooks Company File Error 6106
Solution 1: Repair the Damage in the Company File that is Triggering Error Code 6106
- To repair the company file damage, you will need QuickBooks File Doctor to access from QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- If you do not already have QuickBooks Tool Hub, download it immediately and proceed with the installation.
- Once the installation completes, run QuickBooks Tool Hub and move to the Company File Issues tab.
- Select the QuickBooks File Doctor option and choose to repair the company file.
- Once you have repaired the company file using QuickBooks File Doctor, try to create a new company file and check if repairing the company file resolves the error.
Solution 2: Get your QuickBooks Desktop Updated to the Latest Released Version
- Run QuickBooks and go to the Help tab that you can find in the menu bar at the top.
- Select the option that says Update QuickBooks Desktop, and on the next screen, click the Update Now option to go to the update options.
- You will need to click the Get Updates option to prompt QuickBooks to download the latest updates.
- Once the updates are downloaded, restart QuickBooks to get the updates installed.
In case, even after repairing the company file and updating QuickBooks did not resolve QuickBooks error 6106, reach QuickBooks experts at 1.800.579.0391.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 15270