QuickBooks lets users connect their banking account with the application. They can perform many financial functions with ease by using the QuickBooks features. But sometimes, error occur while connecting to the banking account online. One such common error is the QuickBooks error 2000, which can prevent users from working on their company file, While connecting to the online banking account, an error occurs. The QuickBooks error 2000 is one such typical error that can prevent users from working on their company file. and needs to be addressed immediately. If you are encountering the QuickBooks error code 2000, you can follow this article till the end to learn the solutions to eliminate it.
If you are having difficulty performing the steps or resolving the error code on your own, you can reach out to us at 1-855-856-0042 and get assistance from our technical team.
Common Reasons for the QuickBooks Banking Error 2000
QuickBooks Desktop error 2000 can occur due to the following contributing factors –
- You are incorrect or invalid login credentials to access the banking account.
- Online banking servers are down, and not responding to your request to access the banking data.
- Your Online banking account has become inactive or invalid and QuickBooks is unable to establish a connection with it.
- Your Online banking credentials need to be re-verified as some information need additional authentication.
Damaged or corrupted QuickBooks.ini file can also cause the error code 2000.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks Error 80070057
Ways to Terminate QuickBooks Online Banking Error Code 2000
To eradicate the error code 2000 in QuickBooks, you can follow the steps provided below –
Step 1 – Verify Your Bank Login Details from the Online Website
You need to visit your bank’s website and verify your login credentials to access the account correctly.
- Try to sign in to your bank’s website by entering your login credentials and checking if the credentials are working.
- In case the credentials are incorrect, check the login details and ensure that the caps lock is turned off.
- If the error persists, try using the Forgot Passwordoption to create a new password and log in with that.
- Lastly, try running QuickBooks and connect your bank account to see if the error code 2000 is dismissed.
Step 2 – Recreate the QBWUSER.INI File by Modifying its Name
If your QuickBooks .INI file is not working correctly, it can lead to QuickBooks error message 2000. To resolve the error, you need to rename the file and change its extension in the following manner –
- Go to QuickBooks File Directoryand find the file with the .INI extension, followed by right-clicking it.
- Select Renameand add .OLD at the end of the file name as a suffix.
- Hit Enterto save the modifications and rerun QuickBooks o check if you are able to access the company data without any errors.
QuickBooks error 2000 can be effectively resolved by following the right set of steps. Perform the steps provided in this blog, and if the error code persists, you can reach out to us at 1-855-856-0042 to get assistance from our team of QuickBooks experts.
Also read: Tips and Tricks to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 179