Want to connect Zmodo camera to Alexa? Well, that’s a very great idea and a decision as well. So it’s clear that you have an Amazon Alexa and you were wondering if a Zmodo camera can work with it. Zmodo manufactures some of the most innovative yet reliable home security cameras.
You can use Amazon Alexa to control your Zmodo security cameras. While Zmodo camera will keep an eye on your home, the Echo voice-controlled speaker will get you instant notifications. With the help of the Zmodo-Alexa integration, you can quickly answer your visitors or keep an eye on your pets and children using voice commands. Amazon Alexa will quickly show you the live video feed of your Zmodo home security cameras on TV or Echo Show (if you have one).
We have designed this post to help you all with the Zmodo-Alexa integration. Firstly, we will put down all the models of Zmodo cameras that are compatible with Alexa.
Zmodo cameras compatible with Alexa
Here are all the variants of Zmodo cameras that are compatible with Amazon Alexa. If you have a variant that matches the one put down below, you can proceed with the integration.
- Zmodo EZCam
- Zmodo Greet HD
- Zmodo Greet Pro
- Zmodo Outdoor Pro
- Zmodo Sight 180
- Zmodo Sight 180 C
- Zmodo Sight 180 Outdoor
- Zmodo Snap PT
- Zmodo Wireless Cam
Now let’s move ahead to connect Zmodo camera to Alexa.
Connect Zmodo camera to Alexa
Connecting Zmodo security camera to Amazon Alexa is one of the best things you could do to experience more benefits. The Zmodo camera – Alexa integration can help you access live video feeds or track the activity at the command of your voice. We have put down all the steps that you need to follow in order to integrate Zmodo camera with Amazon Alexa. Kindly follow the steps below:
- Firstly, make sure you set up your Zmodo camera in normal mode.
- Download and install the free Zmodo app on your device to configure your camera.
- After that, download the Alexa app on your mobile and open it.
- Navigate to SKILLS from the main menu and then search for Zmodo.
- Thereafter, find the Zmodo skill from the list and enable it.
- Follow the Alexa in-app instructions to link accounts.
- Hereon, you need to set up the voice commands for your device. Say “Alexa discover my devices” or you can tap Add Device.
- At last, finalize the settings to complete the Amazon Alexa-Zmodo camera integration.
Now you can test your voice commands to check whether the Echo device shows you the live video feed of your camera.
Integrating your Zmodo smart home camera with Amazon Alexa is pretty easy and quick. Just download the Alexa app on the same device and follow the outlined instructions to finalize the integration. We hope you learned how to connect Zmodo camera to Alexa in the best way possible. If you face any issues with your device while attempting to connect it to Alexa, please reach out to us for more help.