The QuickBooks status code 3180 is a commonly occurring issue in the QuickBooks software. If the payment item is corrupted, this issue might occur. In many instances, you will get the issue of QuickBooks Error 3180 when trying different tasks on the application. Whenever the error message shows up on the screen, the user can’t work on the ongoing work. This article focuses on providing a solution for error code 3180. An error occurred while saving the data. Please read the blog carefully to avoid irreversible changes to the file or application.
Why does the QuickBooks Error 3180 occur?
Many circumstances lead the user to QuickBooks Error 3180. That’s why we decided to list down all the reasons that will lead you to this error. You need to follow this list of reasons depending on the cause of the issue and understand if you also have such conditions persistent in your system or not. It will help avoid the possibility of QuickBooks status code 3180 arising in your system.
- Firstly, the sales tax item is not linked to a vendor in the QB software.
- Otherwise, the mapping of sales tax payable a/c is not done correctly.
- Also, a paid-out was accidentally made with the use of sales tax payable a/c.
- Lastly, the user is working on the sales tax payable account, because the target account has one or many items in the receipts.
- The antivirus in your system might be restricting the activities of the software in the user’s system.
What are the usual indicators of QuickBooks Error 3180?
The QuickBooks Error 3180 takes place on the screen, after showing many symptoms on the system. If one identifies them on time, it may give the user more time to overcome this issue. Hence, we suggest you also identify these early signs of your symptoms. If this happens with you also, get the issue resolved as soon as possible.
- Firstly, the system will respond pitifully slowly upon inputs from the keyboard or mouse.
- Also, the user would be unable to save their sales receipts.
- Lastly, the QB might shut down on its own.
- The warning message will appear along with its number. For instance, QuickBooks status code 3180 will show up with its error message.
Fix The QuickBooks Error 3180
We have mentioned the most effective way to fix the QuickBooks status code 3180.
- Firstly, open the QB application and go to the menu.
- Now, click the Item List and select the include inactive option.
- After that, click the type column and confirm if all the sales tax items have an attached tax agency or not.
- Check that the Receipt is not Paid out Using Sales Tax Payable
- Modify the Tax Preference to fix the issue
Finally, finish the task and verify if the QuickBooks status code 3180 appears or not.
We compiled all the facts and details together in this article to assist you in resolving the QuickBooks Error 3180. However, if QuickBooks status code 3180 persistently appears, we advise you to get it resolved as soon as possible with the assistance of the error support team.
Also Read: Fix QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013