A company file is the soul of QuickBooks. It contains all the important financial data of a business. But, sometimes, while opening it, QuickBooks cannot use the path to open the company file. This restricts users from accessing their data. It usually happens when the company file is missing from the folder, or the path is incorrect. When the error takes place, users sometimes get a message, “QuickBooks can’t find your company file.” In this blog, we will brief you on causes and solutions to fix the QuickBooks company file is missing error, so stay connected until the end.
If you are wondering why QuickBooks cannot use the path to open the company file, call us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 and connect with the certified QuickBooks expert’s team for assistance.
Main cause of QuickBooks company file is missing error
Following are the major reasons why QuickBooks can’t open the company file:
- The path of the QuickBooks company file is corrupted or incorrect.
- The user is not opening the correct file in QuickBooks.
- The multi-user access option is disabled on the workstation.
- The company file is either damaged or corrupted.
You may read also : QuickBooks error olsu 1013
Methods to Troubleshoot Company File not found QuickBooks error
Method 1. Download a new QuickBooks Desktop update
- Close your open company files before you exit the QuickBooks Desktop application, and then select the Windows Start menu.
- Search for the QuickBooks Desktop icon among the list of programs and right-click it.
- Click Run as administrator, and you will be directed to the No Company Open window.
- On the window, select the Help menu and choose Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click the Options menu, then Mark All and click the Save button.
- Click the Update Now tab, tick the Reset Update checkbox and select Get Updates.
- Finish downloading the update and then open QuickBooks to install it.
- Don’t forget to restart your device after installing the update.
Method 2. Find what’s causing the issue
- Click the windows icon to open the Start menu and type File Explorer in the Windows search field.
- Within the File Explorer, open the QuickBooks folder and search for the QuickBooks.exe file.
- Tap and hold the CTRL key on your keyboard and double-click the QuickBooks.exe file. Keep holding the keys until QuickBooks opens.
Method 3. Move your company file and then open it from the new location
- Click the Start menu, type File Explorer in the Windows search field, and then open File Explorer.
- In File Explorer, search for your company file folder and then open it.
- Right-click the company file you want to move and select Copy.
- Move to your desktop, right-click anywhere and click Paste.
- Right-click the company file you pasted, select the Rename option and add the word TEST to the name.
- Open QuickBooks, select the File menu and choose Open or restore company.
- Now, open the company file you pasted on your Windows Desktop.
That’s it. We hope the solutions given above help you eliminate the issue due to which QuickBooks cannot use the path to open the company file. If none of the above resolutions work, get assistance from the QuickBooks support team by calling us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 .
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 404