.Whatever business you are running, company data is one of the most confidential, integral, and sensitive aspects. If you are not paying enough attention to such data, then your business can’t move forward even for a single day. Also, managing data manually on paper is not an easy job to manage in this tech-advanced world. Therefore, the QuickBooks accounting software aids you in managing the data and its complicated operations with a few easy taps and clicks. However, the QuickBooks backup failed error may trouble the user in between. But do not worry! In this article, we are going to talk about its termination strategies with detailed steps.
Backup of company data is one of the most beneficial features of the QuickBooks software. The only exception or drawback of this feature is the error showing a message read as “QuickBooks unable to backup the company file.” We know how much important it is to back up the data since it is further required to create copies of the company files. That’s why we have penned down a detailed troubleshooting strategy to fix this QuickBooks backup failed error issue. Continue reading this article till the end!
A single mistake is related to your QuickBooks data management, and you can face costly losses in your business. But, no need to fear! If you are looking for professional support to resolve the backup issue in your QuickBooks, then call us. Dial our helpline number 1-855-856-0042 and get in touch with our certified QuickBooks crew members today.
What Can Be The Prominent Root Causes Of QuickBooks Error In File Backup?
- The primary root cause of the backup fault is inadequate storage of the device that saves the company backup data file. For instance, the external storage device in which QuickBooks backup is created and saved is no more connected to the computer system.
- If there is any corruption or fault in the QuickBooks company file data, then consider this also a reason that triggers the failure of the company backup of the data in the QuickBooks application.
- Make sure to set up the right backup path can. Or else, the wrong or incorrect path can cause the QuickBooks application to perform dull, freeze, or flash a backup failed error on the user’s screen.
- Another situation that can push QuickBooks cannot back up the company file error is having insufficient storage availability on the storage device to keep the company data backup file.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks error 12157
Any Troubleshooting Guide To Solve The QuickBooks Backup Error?
We have jotted down some of the easiest ways to get rid of the company file backup error in QuickBooks. Have a look at the following:
Troubleshooting Strategy. 1 – Reset Your QuickBooks Latest Updates
- To begin with this process of resetting the latest QuickBooks updates, you need first to open your QuickBooks and then continue to click the Help option.
- After this, in the second step, you are required to select the Update QuickBooks Desktop tab, which you can find there in the Help tab, followed by going to the Update Now option.
- Now, continue the step and check-mark the option of Reset Updates, and click on the Get Updates option. The next is to click the OK button to move ahead and continue. Now, when QuickBooks asks for access permission to install QuickBooks updates, then you need to click the OK button once again.
- Now, take an exit from the window by hitting the Exit Update QuickBooks option and continue to restart the QuickBooks Desktop software. Finally, try to back up your company data file once again.
Troubleshooting Strategy. 2 – Rename The QuickBooks Network Data (.ND) File To Solve The Glitch
- First of all, you need to take exit from the QuickBooks Desktop application program and then continue to open the Windows File Manager.
- Move ahead by navigating to the drive C:\ Users\ Public\ Public Documents\ Intuit\ QuickBooks \ and find the network data file of QuickBooks.
- In this step, you will find the file, and you have to see that the file has the same name extension as your QuickBooks company data file name holds with .ND extension.
- Now, give a right click on the company file and continue to select the Rename option. Still, if you are facing issues in the backup of your company file, then move to the next strategy.
You may also read: Comprehended Fixations for the QuickBooks Update Error 15270
Troubleshooting Strategy. 3 – Rebuild And Verify Your QuickBooks Company File
- To begin with this troubleshooting strategy, you need to open your QuickBooks application. After this, from the File menu of the QuickBooks application, you need to go to the Utilities drop-down menu and select the Verify Data tool.
- If your Verify Data tool found any issues with the QuickBooks company data file, then go to the Utilities drop-down menu once again, and there, click on the Rebuild Data option.
- Now, let the QuickBooks tool repair the fault in the QuickBooks company data file. Once you are done with this, try to back up your QuickBooks company file again and verify if this fixes your “QuickBooks not backing up company file” error.
Troubleshooting Strategy 4 – Verify Your Backup Directory in QuickBooks Desktop Software
- First of all, you are required to open your QuickBooks Desktop software and move straight to the Preferences section that you see there in the tab.
- After this, in the next step, you need to navigate to the Backup Options section. Now, check the backup directory in your QuickBooks that you have selected in the application under the Local Backup Only tab.
- Here, you need to make sure that your QuickBooks application has the correct path to form the backup data of the company file.
- And if you are getting the backup path incorrect or unavailable, then you need to click on the Browse tab followed by selecting the right file folder location where you wish to keep the backup data of the QuickBooks company file.
Troubleshooting Strategy 5 – Resolve The Storage Availability Issue
The storage availability problem is considered to be one of the main reasons for the QuickBooks backup file error. Therefore, it’s always recommended to never overlook the storage issue and always continue to free up the space by removing all the junk and unwanted files from the system and application as well.
That’s why whenever you get notifications indicating low storage, you must consider permanently deleting all the unnecessary files and folders from the drive to have enough and sufficient storage space for QuickBooks to generate a backup of your company file.
Let’s Summarize The Whole Story!
QuickBooks software is one of the top choices for professionals when it comes to managing complicated data operations. However, the QuickBooks backup failed error may occur and disturbs the whole data management workflow. So, get your hands on the solutions mentioned above and rectify the error to continue your smooth backup process.
In case you are encountering problems while backing up your QuickBooks Company file data, this signifies an unrecoverable fault in your company file. You will be needed to recover and restore the most recent backup of your company file before creating the company data backup. If you need professional support restoring your company data or repairing the corrupted company file, or fixing the QuickBooks backup error, then you can get in contact with us at our Technical Helpline Number 1-855-856-0042.
Also read: Best solutions for fixing QuickBooks Error 15102