If you use the QuickBooks Desktop software on a regular basis, you must know how effective it is to use the QuickBooks payroll service. In addition, if you have actively subscribed to the service, you must be facing some technical glitches as well while dealing with the payroll tax table. One such example is the QuickBooks error 557 that troubles you when you update the payroll or make some changes in its settings. Hence, let us have a look at this informative blog to acquire all the essential details about the issue.
Have questions related to the QuickBooks payroll error 557? Take immediate assistance from one of the technical experts by dialing our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2891.
Primary Reasons That Gives Rise to the Payroll Update Error 557 in QuickBooks
If you are trying to figure out what affects the error message 557 in QB, then go through the following points-
- The technical issue can come up if you have not completed the registration of your QuickBooks Desktop and activated it.
- One of the other reasons can also be that you must be using an outdated version of your QuickBooks Desktop.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 15106
What are the Methods to Fix the QuickBooks Desktop Error Code 557?
Are you looking for different ways to successfully resolve the issue without any hassle? Then refer to the solutions we have provided below-
SOLUTION 1: Remove the EntitlementDataStore.ecml File to Register the QuickBooks Desktop Again
- At first, you must open the File Explorer window by hitting the ‘Windows + E’.
- Once it opens, move to the following folder- ‘C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8’ folder.
- Next, you are required to search for the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- After you find it, right-click on the file and click on the ‘Delete’ option.
- Next, hit ‘Yes’ and launch your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, when you are asked, provide the required information for registration.
- After you active your QB, open it to operate the payroll section.
SOLUTION 2: Download and Install Your QuickBooks Desktop Updates to the Current Release
- The first step is to exit the QuickBooks application and then move on to the Windows ‘Start’ menu.
- In the search box, type ‘QuickBooks’ and then right-click on the icon to choose ‘Run as Administrator’.
- In the further step, you must go to the No Company Open screen. You can open it by keeping pressing the ‘Ctrl’ key and clicking twice on the QB icon.
- Next, hit the ‘Help’ menu to click on the ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’ option.
- Proceed by tapping on the ‘Options’ section and selecting ‘Mark All’.
- Save the changes and move towards the ‘Update Now’ tab.
- Enable the ‘Reset Update’ checkbox and download the available updates by pressing ‘Get Updates’.
- After the download completes, install the updates by restarting your QuickBooks Desktop.
As we end the blog here, we suppose you must have gathered sufficient information about the QuickBooks error 557. Moreover, the solutions mentioned here have been proven best and most effective by our certified experts. Thus, if you face any issues while debugging or need some additional details about the same, dial 1.855.738.2891 without any hesitation to speak to our team of professionals.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error Olsu 1013