Even though QuickBooks is an effective accounting solution, sometimes a user can get interrupted by different technical issues when dealing with the QuickBooks software. In fact, even while attempting to start the application, you might see that your QuickBooks keeps freezing. It can be a major issue as it becomes a hindrance and restricts you from functioning the software. As a result, let us look into this detailed blog deeply to understand what provokes such an issue and how to fix it.
If you are unable to unfreeze your QuickBooks Desktop, directly have a conversation with one of the technical experts at our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2784.
Why is My QuickBooks Freezing?
Are you unable to understand the reasons behind your frozen QuickBooks program? Are you unable to launch it even after multiple attempts? Following are the possible reasons for incurring such an error-
- Check for the QBWUSER.ini file as it might have been corrupted or even severely damaged.
- Some unexpected faults during the installation of the QuickBooks Desktop can also result in such a problem.
Read out further to learn some effective solutions to eliminate the issue.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 6073
What are the Processes Through Which I Can Get Rid of the Frozen QuickBooks Desktop?
If you are unable to open your QuickBooks program and want to get through such a glitch, refer to the troubleshooting methods we have explained further-
SOLUTION 1: Resolve the Glitch By Changing the Name of the QBWUSER.ini File
- Start with moving on to the location where you have stored the QBWUSER.ini file.
- After you find it, right-click on the file and then opt for the ‘Rename’ option.
- Now, edit its name by adding ‘.old’ at the end of the file name. The new name must look like ‘QBWUSER.ini.old’.
- After you rename, press the ‘Enter’ key on your keyboard and save the changes.
- In the next step, proceed with these same steps to make changes in the name of the ‘EntitlementDataStore.ecml’ file.
- At last, quit the window and open your QuickBooks Desktop.
SOLUTION 2: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool After Downloading and Installing the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- After closing the QuickBooks program, go to Intuit’s official website to download the currently released version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- As you download the file, save it to a convenient location where you can later access it easily.
- Now, run the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file, and then instructions will be prompted on your screen. Move forward as per the steps shown.
- In the next step, agree to the terms and conditions as well.
- Now, once the installation completes, run the Tool Hub and then hit the ‘Program Problems’ section.
- Under the menu, choose the ‘QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool’ button.
- After the scan process finishes, reboot your computer system.
The article ends here. We suppose that this content will help you to fix the problem when the QuickBooks keeps freezing. We have tried our best to provide you with the most relevant info. However, if you need any additional details about it, feel free to get in touch with our technical assistance team by dialing Toll-Free 1.855.738.2784 .
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 15222