QuickBooks has various advanced features that help users in accounting activities. It also provides email functionality to users. But, to send emails, users need to integrate QuickBooks with Outlook. It is used as a primary email client. There are instances when while sending emails, users get a QuickBooks Outlook email not working error. The error is also seen with a message, “QuickBooks is unable to send your emails to Outlook.” If you are amongst those facing error sending emails from QuickBooks, then this blog will brief you on causes and solutions to fix it.
Unable to resolve QuickBooks Outlook email not working error by yourself? Call us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 and talk to certified QuickBooks professionalss
Reasons why you are unable to send emails from QuickBooks?
Check out the major causes given below that trigger this email error in QuickBooks:
- QuickBook is already set to be run with admin privileges.
- The domain admin is blocked or damaged.
- QuickBooks installation is either damaged or corrupted.
- The email preferences in QuickBooks and Internet Explorer are not correct.
- Outlook is not set up correctly, or its settings are misconfigured.
You may read also : QuickBooks Payroll Tax Table Update
Methods to Troubleshoot error sending emails from QuickBooks
Method 1. Change QuickBooks webmail preferences
- Start QuickBooks, click the Edit menu, and then Preferences.
- Under Preferences, go to the left panel and click Send Forms.
- Select My Preferences and then select the email account you use.
- Click Edit and head to the Edit Email Info screen.
- After that, move to the SMPT Server Details section and set the server name and port to your email provider settings.
Method 2. Reset admin privileges to make sure QuickBooks is not running as administrator automatically
- Close company files, quit the QuickBooks Desktop application, and open the Windows Start menu.
- Write QuickBooks in the search field, find QuickBooks, and right-click the icon.
- Select Open File location. From the folder opens up, find and right-click the QuickBooks.exe file.
- Click Properties, select the Compatibility tab, and uncheck the Run this program as Administrator option.
- If the option is greyed out, select Show Settings for All Users. This makes the option available.
- Finally, click Apply and then OK.
Method 3. Setup Outlook again to work with QuickBooks Desktop
- Get in touch with your email service provider to know the following:
- Incoming email server address
- Incoming email server type
- Outgoing email server address
- Select the Edit menu and then choose Preferences.
- Click Send Forms, click Outlook, and then OK.
If the above resolutions don’t work, try these alternate ones:
- Check and reset Internet Explorer email preferences.
- Update Microsoft Office to the latest release.
In this advisory blog, we have provided the most effective troubleshooting solutions for QuickBooks Outlook email not working error. These will surely help you fix the issue. If you are still stuck with the same, give a call at our helpline number 1.855.738.2784 and seek guidance from certified QuickBooks professionals.
You may also this blog : Smart Hacks to Eliminate QuickBooks Abort Error