QuickBooks black and white screen is the commonly reported issue by users. This complex technological glitch can occur because of numerous factors such as incorrect software configuration, inappropriate display settings, not updating the QuickBooks and Microsoft Windows, damaged files, lower or higher screen resolution, improper registry of the QuickBooks software and so on. Other reasons can involve the hindrance of security applications installed in the system or excess applications running in the background. Regardless of the factors that can be held liable for the error, we will concentrate on troubleshooting. Find three robust solutions in the blog below that will effectively overcome this.
If you are not from a technological background, then you must not execute the troubleshooting resolutions. Contact QuickBooks certified IT masters at ‘1-855-856-0042’ and redeem excellent round-the-clock troubleshooting assistance from proficient IT experts.
Solution 1: Modify the ‘QBW.ini’ file
- QuickBooks is interlinked and uses multiple critical files to store the data.
- Damaged files or incorrect names might lead to such complex errors.
- You can terminate the issue by navigating the QBW.ini file, which can be found in the folder where the company file is stored or in the hidden files and folders.
- Once you have found the file right, click on it to rename it.
- By not editing any other part of the file name, you must add the ‘.old’ extension at the end of the file name.
- Lock the changes and restart the system.
- If this doesn’t fix the issue, then proceed with the following resolution
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks Error PS107
Solution 2: Alter the Screen Resolution Configuration
The problem is affiliated with the display settings of the system.
- To fix the settings, we need to change the screen’s resolution.
- For this, you need to open the registry editor file.
- Head towards the option that says “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Windows“ and clicks on it.
- You are supposed to increase the GDI Process Handle Quota value to 65535. (initially, it’ll be 10000.)
- Reboot the system and close all the operations.
- If the error is resolved, then change the value back to 10000.
Solution 3: Find the QB Program File and Reregister it
- Sometimes the registration of the QuickBooks software might be incorrect, which can lead to such errors. This issue can be fixed by using the following points.
- Close all the running operations in the background and only open the QuickBooks company file folder.
- In that folder, you need to right-click on the bat files.
- From the list of options, select run as administrator.
- Bat files are supposed to run with windows administrator rights only.
- You will encounter a command window, which will demonstrate the file path.
- Scroll the window until the bat file utility gets completed.
- Close all the procedures and try accessing QuickBooks to ensure the error has been terminated.
QuickBooks black and white screen issue must no longer persist after correctly implementing the troubleshooting techniques demonstrated in the above blog. For further technical assistance and immediate troubleshooting services, contact the QuickBooks helpline at 1-855-856-0042.
You must read: Easily Fix QuickBooks Keeps Crashing Issue using this method!