One of the best business tools QuickBooks is a high-end application for businesses as well as individuals who work jobs. It combines greater usability and a seamless interface for the best user experience. There are a ton of features that makes it versatile such as accepting payments, paying liabilities, etc. The users have reported various technical flaws that make them run into issues. The “QuickBooks Backup Failed” error triggers while attempts for backing up desired company files are made by a user in QuickBooks. One of the primary reasons is that the name used to store the company file backup exceeds the number of characters specified in QuickBooks. However, it could happen due to many other reasons and it could be resolved using appropriate measures, both of which are stated in the upcoming topics of the blog.
In the contrast, error code “QuickBooks Backup Failed” pops up quite often on the user’s desktop and it could be rectified using various steps in the post. Notwithstanding, if you have a relevant query or need assistance during troubleshooting, call on the toll-free number 1.855.738.2891 for better resolution
Reasons as to why the “QuickBooks Backup Failed” error occurs
- . The company file backup user is trying to save has been saved with characters exceeding the specified length of the string which is 65.
- The company files backup being saved takes up more than a whopping 3 gigabytes of disk space.
- Some QuickBooks programs and processes required to run the backup are intervened and halted while staying background.
Remedies to weed-out error “QuickBooks Backup Failed”
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 3140
Solution-1: Make changes to the company files name causing error
- Open ‘QuickBooks’.
- When the QuickBooks window opens, hit the ‘F2’ key.
- The ‘Product Information Window’ appears on the screen.
- Take note of desired company file path you need to backup.
- Exit ‘QuickBooks’.
- Ensure, no other person accesses the same company files from another PC.
- Navigate to the company file path you took note of in the earlier step.
- Select the company file with ‘.QBW’ file extension, right-click and choose ‘Rename’.
- Enter the desired name for the company file like ‘CompanyFile2.QBW’.
- Save changes by selecting ‘Yes’.
Solution-2: Erase all the special characters in the company file name
- Navigate to the desired company file folder.
- Right-click on the company file which has ‘.QBW’ file extension, choose ‘Rename’ from the drop-down menu
- Enter the appropriate string of characters while making changes to the company file name and use no special characters such as ‘$, @, #, etc’
If none of the above solutions work for you, run QuickBooks File Doctor to check for any maligning data errors in the company files.
Here, we have arrived at the ending of our blog post. We hope that utilizing the written post provided above about the error code “QuickBooks Backup Failed’, we will succeed in our quest by suggesting working measures to prevent the error from reoccurring. It is believed that the users’ queries were resolved using the content in the post. Nonetheless, if you counter troubleshooting issues, you may dial the helpline number 1.855.738.2891 for more QuickBooks help.
Read also: QuickBooks Error 1603