If you can’t open, work or send forms in QuickBooks due to a QuickBooks crash com error and looking for help, then this blog will be of great help. This article will brief you on the causes and cover the most effective solutions to fix it. Before proceeding further, let us discuss more about the issue. The error usually comes up on the screen with a short error message displaying, “Crash: Com Error.” There could be numerous reasons behind the error, such as outdated QuickBooks and Outlook, missing components, and incorrect mail settings. Continue reading the blog to get more insights on crash com error in QuickBooks.
If you can’t send forms due to QuickBooks crash com error and want to fix it right away, reach to the QuickBooks technical support team for direct consultation by giving a call on the QuickBooks tech support number 1.855.738.2784.
Reasons why you come across QuickBooks com error when emailing invoice
The error takes place due to the following reasons:
- The problem might be incompatibility issues between QuickBooks and Outlook.
- Damaged or missing QuickBooks and Windows components.
- Microsoft Outlook is not set as the default email app.
- The user is not logged in to Windows as an administrator.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 392
Top Solutions to Deal with QuickBooks Crash Com error Windows 7
Solution 1. Keep QuickBooks and Microsoft Outlook up-to-date
To update QuickBooks:
- Click the Windows Start menu, once you see the QuickBooks icon, right-click it and select the Run as administrator option.
- When the No Company Open screen prompts up, select the Help menu and choose Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click the Options menu, choose Mark All, and select the Save button.
- Choose the Update Now tab and click on the Reset Update checkbox and select Get Updates.
- When the update downloads completely, restart QuickBooks and start installing the update.
- Once installation is finished, restart your workstation.
To update Microsoft Outlook:
- Open Microsoft Outlook, move to File, and choose Office Account.
- Select Update Options and click Update Now.
Solution 2. Set Microsoft Outlook to be used as the default mail app
- Open Control Panel and choose Programs.
- Select Default Programs, then Set your default programs and click Mail.
- Choose Outlook.
Solution 3. Create a new email profile in Microsoft Outlook
- Close the Microsoft Outlook window and open Control Panel.
- From there, select User Account and then Mail.
- When the Mail Setup window opens, select Show Profiles and click Add.
- Enter Name within the Profile Name field and click OK.
- Follow the instructions given on the screen to add an email account and click Apply.
Solution 4. Reset mail settings to fix crash com error
- Within the Control Panel, select User Account and click Mail.
- Select Microsoft Outlook. Under the Profile section, click Show Profile and select Outlook.
- If the Always use this profile box is selected, click Prompt for a profile to be used and click Apply.
- Choose Always use this profile, click Apply, and then OK.
This blog has covered all the possible troubleshooting solutions that will help you eliminate QuickBooks crash com error. If the error appears again, get in touch with the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784.
Also see: Learn How to Rectify QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS036