So, in this article, we’ll go over what a trademark is, how to do Trademark Registration Online, and whether or not you need one.
Who Can File a Trademark Application?
Following approval and effective registration, the person whose name and information are stated in the trademark application would become the owner of that trademark. This might be a corporation, an individual, or a limited liability partnership (LLP). The Legalmart can provide you with the best assistance. All you need to know is which class you belong to.
Documents Needed to Register a Trademark
Trademark Registration Online, like any other formal registration with the Indian government, necessitates the submission of a number of papers. To become a trademark owner, you will need to present and validate the following documents:
- Applicant’s Full Name: This data will be authorised with identity evidence that includes a date of birth and a permanent address, such as a driver’s licence, passport, or Aadhar card. If there are any irregularities, such as a change of name, the applicant must either amend the ID proof or accept the name given on the ID proof.
- Type of Business, and Goals: The registration will need licensing and papers relevant to the business for which the trademark is being sought. Evidence of ownership and authorization is necessary if the business personnel are filing an application in favour of the owner. A letter of authorisation is also necessary if a third party is submitting a request on behalf of a firm.
- Logo: Applicants must supply a clear black and white picture of their logo in order to apply for a trademark. Any inconsistency here will result in an automatic rejection.
- Procedure for Registering a Trademark Online: The government provides a reasonably simple Trademark Registration Online process. The remainder is rather simple once you’ve chosen a trademark and gathered the necessary documentation.
- Prerequisites for submitting a trademark application online: When you file an application, the initial thing you need to do is decide on a distinctive trademark symbol to symbolize your company. In the event of a limited company, the government needs you to provide proof of registering a business as well as verification of the applicant’s identification. Each of these papers will require soft copies. In the event of visual material, you will also need to produce a soft copy of the trademark.
- Submitting An Application: To use the e-filing service, you must first create an account with the Office of the Controller General of Patents, Designs, and Trade Marks Online Trade Mark Filing. Choose the type of applicant from the drop-down option to establish a new account:
A window will pop up with a list of all the names that match, as well as their codes.
This will bring up a form similar to this:
Obtaining A Trademark for Your Company
While you may trademark your company on your own, don’t be afraid to get assistance. To assist you with this, you should always engage professional or legal services.
Alternatively, you can travel to the trademark office. Online trademark registration might be simpler, yet you might need somebody to assist you through the process physically. Legalmart can provide you with the best assistance.