Have you ever faced QuickBooks error 15101 while updating QuickBooks Desktop or Payroll? Fortunately, if the answer is no, then let us tell you it is the most common one of the 15XXX category errors. Through this article, we will not only discuss with you the reasons due to which QuickBooks error code 15101 arises but also the solutions that can be applied to fix it.
To avail yourself of instant troubleshooting assistance fixing QuickBooks error 15101, speak with our QuickBooks officials at 1.855.738.2891.
What are the reasons triggering QuickBooks error code 15101?
QuickBooks error code 15101 generally takes place when the Internet Explorer function to register digital signatures is not working. Even though, there can be different reasons too behind it, such as:
- Third-party security applications are interrupting QuickBooks Desktop.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 15271
What should you do to resolve QuickBooks error code 15101?
Solution 1) Keep a digital sign certificate on the computer
- On the keyboard, press Windows + E keys to open File Explorer.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- Go to the QBW32.exe file and right-click on it.
- Click on the Properties option.
- Select the Digital Signature tab.
- Make certain Intuit is selected in the signature list.
- Pick the Details option.
- In the Digital Signature Details screen, pick the View Certificate option.
- In the Certificate screen, pick the Install Certificate option.
- Select Next until the Finish option is displayed.
- Thenceforth, select the Finish option.
- Reboot the computer.
- Start QuickBooks Desktop and try to update it or Payroll.
In case you still get QuickBooks error 15101, move to the next solution.
Solution 2) Update QuickBooks Desktop in Windows Safe mode
- On the keyword, hit the Windows key to open the Start menu.
- Search for “MSCONFIG” and hit the Enter key.
- In the General tab, select the Selective startup and Load system services options.
- Move on to the Service tab.
- Put a checkmark on Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Select the Disable all option.
- Remove checkmark from the checkbox next to Hide all Microsoft Services.
- From the services list, select the Windows Installer checkbox.
- Select the OK button.
- When the System Configuration window shows up, select the Restart option.
- Start QuickBooks Desktop and see whether you can update it or Payroll now.
Solution 3) From QuickBooks Tool Hub, run the Quick Fix my Program tool
- Get QuickBooks Tool Hub of the newest release (22.214.171.124) on the Downloads folder.
- Run the downloaded setup file named QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- Walk through the on-screen instructions, and after that, give consent to the terms and conditions to install QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- In QuickBooks Tool Hub, go to the Program Problems tab.
- Select the Quick Fix my Program option.
- Thenceforth, start QuickBooks Desktop and try to update it or Payroll.
If you fail to resolve QuickBooks error 15101 even after applying the aforementioned troubleshooting solutions, then the Firewall security settings might be preventing QuickBooks Desktop from accessing the internet. So, our advice for you is to make a Firewall exception for QuickBooks Desktop. For additional troubleshooting support removing QuickBooks error code 15101, you can contact our QuickBooks professionals at 1.855.738.2891.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 1920