QuickBooks is a perfect solution to handle accounting and bookkeeping activities. Small and medium-sized businesses mostly operate it. But most of the users face errors while using the QuickBooks. One such error is QuickBooks error 3371 code 11118. It generally occurs while activating the QuickBooks desktop application. And this needs to be fixed soon. We will derive the possible causes and the troubleshooting methods to fix the error through this blog.
What are the Causes for QuickBooks Error 3371?
QuickBooks error 3371 code 11118 occurs due to many reasons, some of which are listed below:
- The component or file required by QuickBooks to run is either missing or damaged.
- Interruption of Anti-Virus – The outdated anti-virus or Windows OS program blocks some QuickBooks Desktop files.
- Due to Qbregistration.dat – The installation files consist of your license information. Intuit searches for this file every time it is active. However, if the file is not working correctly or is damaged, the QuickBooks Desktop will not open.
- Damaged MSXML Component – MSXML is a crucial component provided by Microsoft. It is required by the QuickBooks Desktop to run on the computer. This component enables QuickBooks to restore the information in the QBregistration.dat file. If this is damaged, it can create difficulties opening the QuickBooks program.
- While trying to access the file without saving it. Thus, it advises storing the.QBO file before importing it.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 3371 Code 11118
Solution 1: Delete the ECML file and Rename the Entitlement file
Deleting the QBRegistration.dat file will de-register the QuickBooks. While trying to run it, it will prompt you to do the registration process again. It will help you. Re-register the program using the corruption-free registration file and help resolve the issue. Here are the steps:
- Firstly, close the QuickBooks application.
- Secondly, press the Ctrl+Shit+Delete keys to open Task Manager.
- After that, under the Processes tab, find and click right on the QBW31.exe. Select End Process Tree.
- Now, click OK.
- Next, press the Windows+R keys to open a Run command window. Type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v6 or 8, and click OK.
- After that, search and delete the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- Now, click Yes to confirm. Open the QuickBooks program.
Solution 2: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
To fix the QuickBooks error 3371 code 11118, run the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool. Here are the steps:
- Firstly, run QuickBooks Tool Hub on your system.
- Secondly, go to the Installation issues, select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool, and launch it.
- Now, let the Diagnostic tool run and wait for a while.
- Once the tool finishes the scan, reboot the computer.
- In the end, check for the QuickBooks error 3371 code 11118.
Solution 3: Install the Latest Updates
If you can’t fix the error after following the above method. Then you need to follow the given steps:
- Firstly, install the latest Windows updates and go to the Start button.
- Secondly, choose Control Panel.
- After that, click on Programs and select Update your Windows.
- Now, click on the Update option to check for the latest updates.
- After the update, reinstall the QuickBooks and review for the error.
The Bottom Line
We hope the above methods help you resolve the QuickBooks error 3371 code 11118. We also mention the possible causes for the error. However, if you can’t fix the error and want expert help. Then dial QuickBooks Support Phone Number. Our experts and certified professionals will assist you in resolving the error. Our team will be glad to help you.