Errors are part of QuickBooks, and some appear while opening the company file and others while opening QuickBooks. QuickBooks restore failed error appears while restoring a backup copy of QuickBooks company file. The error pops up on the screen with a message that reads, “Restore Failed. This is an Invalid Format of a Post QuickBooks 2007 Backup File.” On the occurrence of this error, the user might lose the financial data. There are numerous reasons behind the issue, such as damage in the company file and incorrect company file name. Follow the complete blog to learn about causes and troubleshooting solutions to resolve QuickBooks backup restore failed error.
If you require technical assistance to resolve QuickBooks restore failed error, reach out to the QuickBooks technical support team for help by calling us on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430
Reasons behind the appearance of QuickBooks backup restore failed error
Following are the major triggers of this backup error:
- QuickBooks file name, including some special characters in the name.
- User is saving the backup over an existing company file.
- The backup was not created on the same version that the user is restoring the file.
- User is restoring the backup of QuickBooks data from an external hard drive.
Read more :- Chase QuickBooks download problem
Best Troubleshooting Solutions to Fix QuickBooks POS restore backup failed error
Solution 1. Edit the company file name and remove special characters
- Close QuickBooks and then open the QuickBooks folder.
- Locate your company file and right-click it. Select the Rename option and remove special characters from the file name.
- After changing the file name, hit Enter to save the name.
Solution 2. Run File Doctor from the QuickBooks Tool Hub to repair the damaged company file
- Close company files then QuickBooks and download the setup file of the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub version from your web browser.
- Double-click the file you downloaded to open it and follow the on-screen steps.
- Click the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox to finish installing QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Now, open the tool hub by double-clicking the icon and go to the Company File Issues tab.
- Click Run QuickBooks File Doctor and choose your company file by scrolling the drop-down menu. If you can’t see it there, click Browse to search it.
- Select the Check your file option, then continue and enter login details.
- Wait till the tool starts and repair your damaged company file.
- Once it completes, open QuickBooks and then your company file.
Solution 3. Restore a backup QuickBooks file
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop application, choose the File menu and click Open or Restore Company.
- Click Restore a backup copy, then Next, and then Local Backup.
- Click Next, search your computer for a backup company file with the .qbb extension.
- Select a location to save the restored company file and then choose Open.
- Click Save and then choose a suitable option to avoid overwriting of data.
We have provided all troubleshooting methods to resolve QuickBooks restore failed error. We hope you find them helpful in resolving the issue. If the error continues, get assistance from the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430.