QuickBooks users face errors and issues while working on the application from time to time. Some of these errors are pretty common and can be resolved with a few easy steps. One such issue is when QuickBooks won’t open, and you are unable to access the application. This problem can occur out of nowhere and disrupt the normal functioning of the application. If you are getting the error wherein your QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t start, you can follow the solutions given in this blog to address it.
You can contact us at 1-855-856-0042 to get assistance from our team of experts in case you are unable to perform the steps or resolve the error on your own.
A list of Common Reasons Why You Are Unable to Open your QuickBooks Desktop
If you are having trouble opening QuickBooks, the following factors might be responsible –
- The hard drive you are using to store QuickBooks is either damaged or doesn’t have enough space.
- Essential QuickBooks files, like the QBWUSER.INI file, might be damaged or corrupted.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop program is not properly installed, due to the installation process being interrupted.
- Your Windows OS is not updated and has become incompatible with QuickBooks.
- Insufficient user permissions to access the QB application can also cause the Desktop to crash.
- QuickBooks program files have become damaged and are not running correctly.
Recommended to read: How to fix Quickbooks error 6189
Ways to Easily Terminate the QuickBooks Will Not Open Issue
If you can’t open QuickBooks, you can follow the steps given in this article to eliminate it –
Step 1 – Activate the Windows Safe Mode from the Run Window
If your QuickBooks opens then closes immediately, you can try accessing the application with the Windows startup mode.
- Press Windows + R to open the Runwindow, and type msconfig in the appeared run box.
- Open the System Configurationutility, and from the General tab, checkmark the Selective Startup
- Click Applyand OK to save the changes, and once done, rerun QuickBooks to see if the application is running correctly.
Step 2 – Terminate the QBW32.exe Processes from the Windows Taskbar
If your QuickBooks will not open, you need to close the running processes to resolve the issue.
- Right-click the Windows Taskbarto access the Task Manager and press Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Go to the Processes tab and select the Image Nameoption to set the apps in alphabetical order.
- Find the exeprocesses and right-click on each of them to select the End Process button and terminate them.
- Reopen QuickBooks to check if the QuickBooks will not open issue is fixed.
If the error still remains unresolved, you can access the QuickBooks Tool Hub to run the Quick Fix my Program tool utility and fix the program issues.
Also read this blog: Pro Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 301
The QuickBooks won’t open issue can be easily resolved by following the solutions given in this blog. Perform the steps, and if the issue persists, you can reach out to us at 1-855-856-0042 and get assistance from our technical support team.