Stuck with the trigger warning message, “You receive error 15241: The payroll update did not complete successfully. This error can occur if the QuickBooks Desktop File Copy Service (FCS) is disabled”? Then clearly, you have incurred the QuickBooks error 15241. It bothers you when trying to update the payroll tax table. Besides, you also encounter the error when you have turned off the QB File Copy Service. In this article, we have explained the reasons for the problem along with the most efficient processes to debug it. Give it a read till the end for a comprehensive understanding.
If you are having trouble resolving the QuickBooks payroll update error 15241, do not worry. Our 24*7 team of certified QuickBooks experts is always there to assist you with your problems. Dial TFN and speak to them for help through Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391.
Why do you Incur the Payroll Update Error 15241 in QuickBooks?
In order to understand what causes the error to arise, you must go through the points that have been described further-
- One of the most evident reasons that can be figured out by reading the alert message is that you have turned off the File Copy Service in QuickBooks.
- Accidentally deleting important QuickBooks files can be another cause of the error.
Cannot find a suitable troubleshooting method to make the problem disappear? Have a look at the solutions given below.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 6143
Instant Solution to Fix the QuickBooks Desktop Error Code 15241
Perform the following troubleshooting methods to remove the payroll update issue permanently. Make sure you complete both the processes-
PROCEDURE 1: Open Your QuickBooks Desktop in the Manual Startup Type
- Exit the QB application if it is already running.
- On the ‘Search’ section and type ‘Computer’.
- Open ‘This PC’ by right-clicking on it and selecting ‘Manage’.
- Tap ‘Services and Applications’ and double-click on the ‘Services’ option.
- Now, you are required to click twice on ‘Intuit QuickBooks FCS’.
- Move to the ‘General’ tab, and in the ‘Startup type’ drop-down menu, choose ‘Manual’.
- Next, select the ‘Apply’ option and then ‘Start’.
- Tap ‘OK’, and after that, run your QuickBooks Desktop.
- In the following window, download all the QB products to the latest updates.
- Move forward with the second step once you have downloaded the available updates.
PROCEDURE 2: Download the Available Payroll Service Update
- Make sure you do not exit the QuickBooks program; instead, click on the ‘Employees’ menu.
- Under the menu, hit the ‘Get Payroll Updates’ option.
- Now, checkmark the ‘Download Entire Update’ checkbox.
- The final step is to tap on ‘Download Latest Update,’ and after that, a dialog box will appear saying that the download has been completed.
After going through this blog on QuickBooks error 15241, we suppose you must have been able to completely get rid of the issue. However, some unexpected faulty can stop you from fixing the problem. In such a circumstance, have a one-to-one consultation with one of our experienced QuickBooks professionals at Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391. Our expert will guide you through until you successfully rectify the problem.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Not Responding