QuickBooks is a powerful accounting software that helps businesses keep track of their finances. However, it is not immune to errors and crashes. One of the most common QuickBooks errors is the “QuickBooks Crash Com Error.” In this blog post, we will explore what causes the QuickBooks Crash Com Error and how you can fix it. We will also provide some tips on preventing the error from happening in the first place.
What is QuickBooks Crash Com Error?
QuickBooks is a popular accounting software used by small businesses and individuals. However, QuickBooks users may sometimes experience the “QuickBooks Crash com Error.” This error can occur for a variety of reasons, including damaged or missing files, incorrect settings, or incompatible programs.
When this error occurs, QuickBooks will usually display an error message that reads “QuickBooks has stopped working” or “QuickBooks is not responding.” If you see this message, do not close QuickBooks or try to restart your computer. Doing so could result in data loss.
Instead, follow the instructions below to fix the QuickBooks Crash com Error:
- First, try restarting QuickBooks. Sometimes, this can resolve the issue.
- If restarting QuickBooks does not work, then you will need to repair your QuickBooks installation. To do this, open the Control Panel and select “Add or Remove Programs.” Next, select “QuickBooks” from the list of installed programs and click “Change/Remove.” When prompted, choose the option to Repair QuickBooks.
- Another possible solution is to update QuickBooks to the latest version. To do this, open Quickbooks and go to the Help menu. Then select “Update Quickbooks” and follow the prompts.
- Finally, if none of the above solutions work, then you may need to uninstall and reinstall Quickbooks. Be sure to back up your data before uninstalling
Triggers to QuickBooks Crash Com Error
There are a few different things that can trigger the QuickBooks Crash Com Error. One of the most common triggers is when there is an issue with the Microsoft .NET Framework. This can happen if the framework is not installed correctly, or if it is not compatible with QuickBooks. Another trigger for this error is when the QuickBooks company file is damaged or corrupt. This can happen if the file was not properly backed up, or if it was damaged in a computer crash. Finally, this error can also be triggered by third-party software that is not compatible with QuickBooks. If you have any programs installed that are designed to work with QuickBooks, make sure they are up-to-date and compatible with the version of QuickBooks you are using.
When can the user encounter a crash com error in QuickBooks?
There are a few scenarios where a user might encounter the QuickBooks crash com error. One is when trying to open a QuickBooks company file. Another is when trying to email invoices, reports, or other documents from QuickBooks. Lastly, this error can occur when trying to update QuickBooks or install a new version.
Also, Read this article: Quickbooks Error 3371 Status Code 11104
Best Solution Steps to Resolve Crash com error in QuickBooks Desktop
If you are experiencing the QuickBooks crash com error, there are a few steps you can take to resolve the issue.
- First, try restarting your computer and opening QuickBooks again. If the problem persists, move on to step 2.
- Next, try running a repair on QuickBooks. To do this, open the QuickBooks install directory and run the QuickBooksRepairUtility.exe file.
- If the repair does not fix the issue, you may need to uninstall and then re-install QuickBooks Desktop. Be sure to back up your data before uninstalling!
- If you are still experiencing the crash com error after taking these steps, it is recommended that you contact QuickBooks support for further assistance.
Solution 1: Make Outlook a default Mail app
If you are using QuickBooks on your Windows computer, you may have encountered the QuickBooks crash com error. This error can occur for several reasons, but the most common cause is that QuickBooks is not set as the default mail app in Windows.
To fix this, you need to make Outlook the default mail app in Windows. Here’s how:
- Open the Control Panel and go to Default Programs.
- Click on Set Your Default Programs.
- Select Microsoft Outlook from the list of programs and click on Set this program as default.
- Close the Control Panel and restart QuickBooks.
Solution 2: Adding an Email account to Outlook
There are a few different ways that you can add an email account to Outlook, and the method you use will depend on the email provider you use. If you use a Microsoft email service like Outlook.com or Hotmail, you can add your account using the Outlook desktop app. If you use another email service, like Gmail or Yahoo, you can add your account using the Mail app that comes with Windows.
To add a Microsoft email account using the Outlook desktop app:
- Open the Outlook desktop app.
- Click File > Add Account.
- Enter your email address and click Continue.
- Enter your password and click Sign in.
- Choose whether to set up Outlook to send and receive messages from this account, or just receive messages.
- Click Done.
Your Microsoft email account will now be added to Outlook and you’ll be able to send and receive messages from it just like any other email account.
Solution 3: Toggle the Mail Settings
If you are still experiencing the QuickBooks crash com error, you can try toggling the mail settings. To do this, go to the Edit menu and select Preferences. From there, click Send Forms and then uncheck the Use Microsoft Outlook option. Once you have made this change, restart QuickBooks and see if the issue has been resolved.
Solution 4: Make a New Outlook Mail Profile
If QuickBooks keeps crashing with the com error, you can try creating a new Outlook mail profile. This will reset your Outlook settings and may fix the issue.
Here’s how to create a new Outlook mail profile:
- Close QuickBooks and Outlook.
- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run box.
- Type “control” and press Enter to open Control Panel.
- Click on Mail in Control Panel.
- Under Profiles, click on Show Profiles.
- Click on Add… in the Mail dialog box.
- Type a name for your new profile and click OK.
- Follow the prompts to set up your new mail profile. Be sure to select Microsoft Exchange or a compatible service as your account type
- Choose finish when prompted Close Mail
- Open QuickBooks again and try sending an email
If you’re still having issues, you can contact our support team for help
Solution 5: Fix Office and Windows Update for Run
If the QuickBooks crash com error persists, then it is recommended to fix the office and windows update for a run. This will ensure that all the QuickBooks-related files are updated to their latest version. To do this, follow the steps given below:
- Go to the start menu and type “update” in the search bar.
- Now, click on “Check for updates” from the results displayed.
- Windows will now check for any available updates and install them automatically.
- Once the updates are installed, restart your computer and try opening QuickBooks again to see if the problem has been fixed.
Solution 6: Run QuickBooks in Compatibility Mode
If you are still encountering the QuickBooks crash com error, you can try running QuickBooks on compatibility mode. To do this, follow these steps:
- Close QuickBooks and all other applications running in the background.
- Right-click on the QuickBooks icon and select Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab and check the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode for:
- Select Windows 7 from the drop-down menu and click Apply.
- Click OK to save the changes and launch QuickBooks.
Solution 7: Adding new Windows Admin user
If you are still seeing the QuickBooks crash com error after trying all the solutions above, you may need to create a new Windows administrator user. To do this, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Type lusrmgr.msc into the Run dialog box and press Enter.
- In the Local Users and Groups window that opens, click on Users in the left-hand pane.
- In the right-hand pane, right-click on an empty area and select New User from the context menu that appears.
- In the New User dialog box that opens, type in a username and password for the new user account (make sure to remember these!). Then, select Computer administrator from the Account type drop-down menu and click Create.
- Close the Local Users and Groups window and log out of your current user account. Log back in as the new user account that you just created.
- Once you are logged into your new user account, try opening QuickBooks again – hopefully, it will now work without any errors!
Solution 8: QuickBooks desktop and company file fine-tuning
QuickBooks is a powerful accounting software that offers a lot of features and functionality. However, sometimes QuickBooks can crash or freeze, and you may see the “QuickBooks Com Error” message when this happens.
There are a few things you can do to fix this problem and get QuickBooks running again. First, try restarting your computer. If that doesn’t work, try opening QuickBooks in Safe Mode. To do this, press and hold the CTRL key while double-clicking the QuickBooks icon.
If neither of those solutions works, then it’s time to try some troubleshooting steps. One thing you can try is to repair your QuickBooks installation. To do this, open the Control Panel and select “Add or Remove Programs.” Select QuickBooks from the list of installed programs and click “Change/Remove.” When prompted, choose the option to Repair QuickBooks.
Another troubleshooting step you can try is to delete your temporary Internet files. To do this, open Internet Explorer and go to Tools > Internet Options > Delete Files. Check the box next to “Delete all offline content” and click OK. Then restart QuickBooks and see if it works properly now.
If you’re still having trouble with QuickBooks crashing or freezing, there are a few other things you can try, such as:
- Uninstalling and then re-installing QuickBooks
- Running the QBInstall Tool (for Windows Vista/)
Solution 9: Update Microsoft Outlook
If you are using Microsoft Outlook as your email client, you may be able to resolve the QuickBooks crash com error by updating to the latest version. To do this, open Outlook and go to the Help menu. From here, select Check for Updates. If any updates are available, install them and restart QuickBooks. This should fix the problem.
Solution 10: Update QuickBooks to the latest release
If you are using an older version of QuickBooks, it is possible that the software is not compatible with your system. In this case, you will need to update QuickBooks to the latest release to fix the crash-com error.
To update QuickBooks, open the software and go to the Help menu. From here, select Update QuickBooks and follow the prompts to install the latest updates. Once the updates have been installed, restart your computer and try opening QuickBooks again.