QuickBooks is an amazing accounting application that comes up with various advanced features. These features make accounting easy and effortless. But, some technical errors like QuickBooks error 1904 hamper the user experience. This error mainly occurs when a user tries to install QuickBooks. On its occurrence, the user gets a message that reads, “Error 1904: [file path / name / extension] failed to register.” The error is related to damaged Microsoft components or, in some cases, due to Adobe Flash. There is no problem with the company data.
Need immediate help to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 1904? Don’t worry. Call us on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430 and talk to certified QuickBooks professionals for effective assistance
Reasons that can cause error 1904 while installing QuickBooks
Following are some possible causes behind the installation error:
- Presence of damaged Microsoft components like MSXML, C++, and .NET Framework.
- There is corruption in the Windows Installer.
- QuickBooks registration process is incomplete.
Read more :- QuickBooks error 6073 and 99001
Tested Solutions to Fix QuickBooks installation error 1904 failed to register
Solution 1. Download QuickBooks Desktop Tool Hub and put Install Diagnostic Tool to use
- Close company files, quit QuickBooks Desktop, and get the setup file of the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub version. Save the downloaded file to an easily accessible location on your computer.
- Locate the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file on your Windows desktop, double-click to open the file, and follow the instructions given on the screen.
- Further, gree to the terms and conditions to finish installing QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Go to your desktop, double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon to open the tool hub, and move to the Installation Issues tab.
- Select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and wait till it runs and resolves Microsoft component issues.
- When the tool finishes, restart your device and start the QuickBooks Desktop application again.
Solution 2. Repair .NET Framework to resolve issues related to Microsoft components
- Shut all open applications and press the Windows icon key on your keyboard.
- Write Control Panel in the Windows search field, open Control Panel, and choose Programs and Features.
- Click Uninstall a Program, select the Turn Windows features on or off option and find .NET Framework in the list.
- After that, check settings for .NET Framework 4.5 and .NET Framework 3.5.
- Head to the Programs and Features window and mark the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 checkbox.
- Select Uninstall/Change, then Repair, and choose Next.
- Follow the instructions given on the screen, wait till the repair completes, and then reboot your system.
Solution 3. Install Adobe Flash Player again on your computer
- Hit the Windows icon key on your keyboard and write Control Panel in the search field.
- Open Control Panel and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Go through the list of programs, select Adobe Flash Player ActiveX, and click Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen steps to finish uninstall, then download the Adobe Flash Player again.
It’s time to sum up our blog on QuickBooks error 1904. We are full of hope that the resolutions discussed above will help you eliminate the issue. If you are confused or stuck with the same error, call us on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430 and consult certified QuickBooks professionals.
Related article :- QuickBooks online not working with chrome