The multi-user hosting mode in QuickBooks lets multiple users access the company file located on the same network. But sometimes, errors occur in the multi-user mode that prevents the user from accessing the QuickBooks company file. One such very common error is the QuickBooks error H505, which can occur due to the various possible reasons. When the computer needs an additional configuration or setup to work with the company file, the QuickBooks hosting error pops up. In this article, we are going to provide you with the solutions to resolve this error code effectively.
If you are unable to understand the steps or resolve the error on your own, you can call us at 1-855-856-0042 and get assistance from our technical team.
Reasons behind the QuickBooks Error Message H505
The QuickBooks error H505 can occur due to the following reasons –
- A damaged network data file can cause multi-user issues in QuickBooks.
- Your QuickBooks Database Server Manager is inactive or turned off.
- Your server computer has an the incorrect hosting configuration, and that needs to be changed.
- You are unable to get the IP address of the host computer, or the IP address you are using is incorrect.
- Restrictive firewall settings and wrong DNS settings can also cause the error H505 in QuickBooks.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Abort Error
Addressing the QuickBooks Error Code H505 Effectively
To resolve the error code H505 in QuickBooks Desktop, follow these steps –
Step 1. Modify the Network Data File Name and Fix the Damage
The .ND file is a configuration file that lets QuickBooks access the file located on the network. To resolve the issues with the network data file, rename it in the following manner –
- From the QuickBooks company file folder, locate the file with the .ND extension and access it.
- Right-click on the Network Data file and select Rename to modify the file name.
- Now, add .OLDat the end of the file name and hit Enter to give effect to the modifications.
Step 2. Activate QuickBooks Database Server Manager and Repair your Firewall
Next, activate the server manager from the tool hub and fix the firewall settings to resolve the QuickBooks error code H505.
- Download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub and double-click on the icon to access it.
- From the Network Issues tab, navigate to the QuickBooks Database Server Manager tool and run it.
- Browse your company file and click on Start Scan to run a quick scan and repair the firewall.
Step 3. Create a New .QBW Company File with Full Access Permissions
Lastly, create a new folder on your host computer and enable the Full Access Permissions. Now, create a new company file with the .QBW extension in the multi-user mode and check if you can access it from all workstations.
You can use the above-provided steps to resolve the QuickBooks error H505. If the error code persists, you can reach out to us at 1-855-856-0042 and get assistance from our team of experts in fixing the issue.
Also read: QuickBooks Update Error 15270