Are you a regular user of QuickBooks? If yes, you must be well aware of the fact that along with providing its customers with unique accounting solutions, you can also incur multiple technical errors while dealing with the program. In fact, you might even come across an issue when QuickBooks crashes when opening company file. As a result, in this informative blog, we will look into the matter in more detail and acquire some useful information about the error. The article includes the causes as well as two fixing methods.
Are you struggling to open the QuickBooks company file? Don’t stress out! Our team of QuickBooks pro advisors will guide you through till the end until you resolve the issue.
What are the Reasons Due to Which My QuickBooks Application Crashes?
Read out the following pointers if you are not able to comprehend the exact cause of the error-
- There is a higher possibility that the QBWUSER.ini file has been corrupted. Besides, a severely damaged QBWUSER.ini file can also result in this problem.
- Secondly, the damaged QuickBooks Desktop might be one of the reasons for encountering the problem.
Let us move on to the next section of the blog to know how you can get through the issue when your QuickBooks stops responding.
You may read also : QuickBooks statement writer error
What are the Methods That Will Help To Open the QuickBooks Desktop If It Gets Crashed?
If you want to learn some aptest ways of rectifying the issue, then you must go through the debugging processes that have been explained below. In addition, we suggest you follow each solution with utmost attention as missing a single instruction will not help fix the problem-
SOLUTION 1: Modify the Name of the QBWUSER.ini File
- To start with, you must first go to the folder where the QBWUSER.ini file has been saved.
- Once located, opt for the ‘Rename’ option after right-clicking on the QBWUSER.ini file.
- Now, to make changes in its name, add ‘.old’ at the extreme end of the file name.
- To save the new change, press the ‘Enter’ key on your keyboard.
- Proceed further to edit the name of the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- In the end, reopen your QuickBooks Desktop.
SOLUTION 2: Run the Quick Fix My Program From the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- In the beginning, you are required to install the QuickBooks Tool Hub if you do have it on your desktop.
- Download the current version of the application and then save it.
- After that, run the downloaded ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file.
- Follow the relevant instructions to install the file.
- Further, acknowledge the terms and conditions and finish the process.
- Now, move the cursor to the ‘Program Problems’ tab in the Tool Hub.
- Hit the ‘Quick Fix My Program’ tool and restart QuickBooks.
We would like to end the article with this second troubleshooting method here. In case, even after using these given solutions, your QuickBooks crashes when opening company file, then directly call us at our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2784 to speak with the technical support team. You can also have a consultation with them if you want to know any other detail about the mentioned error.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 6073