Out of all the features provided by the QuickBooks application, the payroll feature is one of the most helpful ones. The payroll function allows users to send payroll data and directly deposit paychecks. To run the payroll feature correctly, you need a proper internet connection. When there are issues with the same, it can lead to QuickBooks error 9000 and prevent users from running QuickBooks payroll. This error code can be a result of a few possible factors which are discussed in this article. If you are encountering QuickBooks error code 9000, you can follow the solutions provided in this article to resolve it reliably.
If you are unable to resolve the error code on your own, you can reach out to us at 1-855-856-0042 and get assistance from our technical support team.
Common Causes for QuickBooks Payroll Error 9000
If you are encountering QuickBooks payroll connection server error 9000, the following factors might be responsible –
- A problem with your internet connection can be one of the main reasons for the 9000 error code.
- Your system’s date and time settings are incorrect, and you need to adjust them.
- You are running QuickBooks in a multi-user mode while performing payroll updates.
- Your Internet browser’s security certificates have become invalid or expired.
- Windows firewall is causing an obstruction and disrupting the payroll update process.
- A network time-out issue in your internet browser can also cause payroll issues.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop is outdated or obsolete and is incompatible with payroll.
- You do not have the latest tax tables installed on your system, and you need to update them.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks connection has been lost
Prerequisites for Eliminating QuickBooks Desktop Error 9000
Before learning the steps to fix the QB error code 9000, you need to ensure that the following prerequisites are fulfilled –
- Ensure that all Windows drivers are up-to-date and there is no data corruption.
- You need to make sure that the QuickBooks version you are using is the latest and compatible.
- Take a backup of your essential QuickBooks data before performing the troubleshooting steps to prevent data loss.
- Try resetting your router and reactivating the hard-wired connection to tackle the connection issues in QuickBooks payroll.
- Ensure that the tax tables are updated to the latest release before trying to update the payroll feature.
Troubleshooting Steps for Addressing QuickBooks Error Message 9000
You can reliably rectify QuickBooks update error 9000 by using the solutions provided below –
Solution 1 – Run the Flushdns Command to Remove the Domain Name System
Cache files in the system can cause internet-related issues, which can trigger the 9000 error code in QuickBooks. To eliminate the issue, you can run the following command –
- From the Windows Startmenu, go to the All Programs section and choose Accessories.
- Tap on the Runwindow to type CMD in the text box and run the DNS
- Next, type ipconfig/flushdns in the command prompt and hit Enterto remove the domain name.
- Once done, rerun QuickBooks and update payroll to see if the error code 9000 is dismissed.
You may also read: How to reslove QuickBooks error 1722
Solution 2 – Remove Unnecessary Files from your System and Clean your Disk
Old damaged files in your system can cause issues in performing the update process. You need to clean your disk and remove the unnecessary data to deal with the error code.
- From the Windows Startmenu, go to the text box and type Command.
- Press Ctrl + Shift and hit Enter to access the permission dialog box.
- Next, type cleanmgrin the black box with a blinking cursor to initiate the disk cleanup.
- Select the Cdrive from the drop-down list to access a new disk cleanup window.
- Choose the drives one by one to perform the disk cleanup and remove the unwanted files.
- Lastly, rerun QuickBooks and perform the update process to check the status of the 9000 error message.
Solution 3 – Use your Admin Privileges to Run QuickBooks and Update the Application
Error 9000 connecting to QuickBooks payroll can be effectively dismissed by updating QuickBooks to the latest release.
- Close your QuickBooks application and go to the Windows Startmenu to search QuickBooks.
- Right-click the QBicon and select the Run as Admin option to use your admin privileges.
- Now, go to the Helpmenu to activate the No Company Open window and choose the Update QuickBooks Desktop
- From the Optionstab, choose Mark All and select Save to go to the Update Now
- Select Reset Updatesand click on Get Updates to download the latest QB updates.
- Once downloaded, rerun QuickBooks and select Yesto install the updates on your system.
- Lastly, perform a system restart to run the payroll update process and check if the errors are eliminated.
If the error code 9000 still remains unresolved, follow the next troubleshooting steps to terminate it.
Solution 4 – Modify the Advanced Internet Settings to Check for Certificate Revocation
Expired or invalid security certificates can cause the can’t send payroll error 9000. To tackle this issue, you need to check for the publisher’s certificate from the internet settings.
- Open your Internet Explorer and go to the Toolsmenu to tap on Internet Options.
- Now, go to the Advancedtab and select the Security option to mark the Check for Publisher’s Certificate Revocation
- Hit OKand perform a system restart, followed by rerunning the QuickBooks payroll update process.
Solution 5 – Adjust the Date and Time Settings by Turning Off the Automatic Option
You need to manually change the date and time of your system to ensure that all the payroll updates are running correctly.
- From the bottom-right corner of your Desktop, select the date and timeicon and click on Adjust Date/Time.
- Once the date and time tab appears, tap on Changeand enter the correct date and time in the system.
- If you are unable to change the date/time, ensure that the automatic option is turned off.
- Adjust the date and time and ensure that you see the correct date and time on your system to run the update process.
Solution 6 – Perform a System Restore and Go Back to the Previous Point
If none of the above solutions help in resolving QuickBooks payroll update error 9000, you can try restoring the previous version on your system.
- From the Windows Startmenu, access the Control Panel and type System Restore in the appeared search box.
- Click on the System Restoreoption and enter your admin password if needed.
- Now, select the Restore to the point you created earlier option and hit Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the restore process and go back to the previous Windows version.
- Once done, restart your system and run the QuickBooks payroll process again to check if the error code 9000 is eliminated.
QuickBooks error 9000 can be effectively addressed by using the solutions provided in this blog. Perform the given steps to resolve the error, and if the issue persists, you might need advanced troubleshooting. For this, you can reach out to us at 1-855-856-0042 and get assistance from our team of experts.
Also read this blog: Your Perfect Guide to fix the QuickBooks error 1723