QuickBooks has proved to be the best Accounting Software amongst all the similar software present in the market. It is a highly efficient and reliable tool that makes the work of the user easier. But, then every good thing has a flaw. Right?
Same is with the QuickBooks tool where every now and then the user faces a QuickBooks error which gets in their way of working with the tool. One of the common QuickBooks error is error 1328, which you may face while updating, repairing, installing, or uninstalling the QuickBooks Desktop application.
However, troubleshooting this error might prove to be effective if you know how to do it. If you are not a tech savvy or you don’t have much time to read this article then you can seek help from our team to save your valuable time and efforts. Otherwise, the simple steps shared in this article will help you get your work done easily.
Read about QuickBooks Error 1328?
QuickBooks error 1328 is an error that pops up on the screen in a message window with a description “Error 1328. Error updating file C:\Config.Msi\PT62C7.tmp. System error-1072807676.
How to know if it’s QuickBooks error 1328?
We will discuss several ways to identify the error:
- Windows become inactive if you are running the tool on the device.
- Error message on the screen.
- QB software keeps on crashing.
- Usage of QuickBooks repair keeps on causing issues.
- Uninstallation and installation of QuickBooks software gets interrupted.
- Update of the QuickBooks software gets interrupted in the middle.
Troubleshooting steps to fix QuickBooks error:
Troubleshooting error 1328 is not very tricky. This problem arises due to issues in the Windows operating files or the QuickBooks files. Fixing these files will rectify this error. Most of the solutions are dependent on this and will get resolved if this is fixed. Without any further ado, let’s have a look to fix this.
Step 1: Update Windows.
- Performing Windows update to the latest version available will help QuickBooks function error-free.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key and type Windows Update in the Search Programs and Files.
- From the top of the list, select windows update.
- Click on Check for Updates and once you find any update available then finish downloading the updates and click Install
- Restart your computer and check if the error is resolved after updating the windows.
Step 2: Rename Folders
In most of the cases, the error 1328 is caused due to the hidden folder of the config.msi file. This may get resolved just by renaming the folder.
- Firstly, go to to C drive and find tools.
- Open the folder and then in the view section uncheck the option of Hide Protected Operating System Files.
- Now you need to add the suffix .old to the existing items.
- Once renaming is done, you can hide these folders and simply restart your computer.
- Check if the error still persists while accessing the QuickBooks software.
Solution 3: Repair your QuickBooks Installation Process
- Take administrative permissions and log through the windows.
- Open your Windows control panel tab and select programs & features.
- Once QuickBooks product heading section is located, select it, & then click to uninstall them.
- As soon as QuickBooks installer appears, choose the repair option tab.
- Run a QB application on the system, and apply a patch when it is completed.
- If there is no issue , then the patch will be applied and if not, then understand that the problem is still there.
Solution 4: Re-install Using a Clean Installation
- To start this troubleshooting, we first need to un-installation the QuickBooks Software
- After this is done, you need to follow certain steps to make a clean installation of this accounting software process.
- To start with this you can select any one of the given options as discussed below.
- The first option is to do the installation of the QuickBooks directly from the installation CD drive.
- A user can also install QuickBooks software through a downloaded file as given in your computer.
Solution 5: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- First of all, the QuickBooks diagnostic tool needs to be downloaded and installed on the desktop.
- Save the installed file on your Desktop.
- Now close all the open programs and then run the QB Install tool.
This installation process takes up to 20 minutes to complete depending on your internet speed and computer’s performance.
Once the installation is done, restart your system after running the tool to ensure the components are properly updated.
Important note: Whenever a user downloading the latest QuickBooks upgrades receive the following error message “error 1328 followed by error 2350: FDI host“. This error occurs while updating to the newest release of “QuickBooks Point of Sale V18 or V12” but it Failed to install the upgrade.
Above shared steps are tried and tested to fix QuickBooks error 1328 and it will provide results when implemented properly. However, if the problem still persists, then you can contact the QB expert, and they will help you with the solution.