Amongst the bunch of errors that Quickbooks users have to face every now and then- QuickBooks error 6189 and 816 is a pretty common one. You will be able to recognise this error when you try accessing company files and there comes a pop up saying- “An error code 6189, 816 occurred when Quickbooks tried accessing company files.
You will get the error code 6189 and 816 in Quickbooks when there is a problem in using a multi-user network with your software. There have been situations when people faced this error and thought it to be caused due to data files- but that’s not true.
Solutions to fix QuickBooks error 6189 and 816
Some quick steps done in the right manner can help in fixing this problem easily. So, don’t worry and follow the below given steps:
Solution 1: Quick fix the error using Quickbooks Tool Hub
One of the easiest ways to solve QuickBooks error 6189 and 816 is to download, install, and run Quickbooks Tool Hub. Follow the steps as followed.
Step 1: Download Quickbooks Tool Hub
Start with downloading Quickbooks Tool Hub but do ensure that if you are using Windows 10, download the 64-bit Tool Hub.
- Close Quickbooks first.
- Once you have downloaded the recent version of Tool Hub. Make sure you save it somewhere it is easy to access. And if you already have the Tool Hub in your desktop, just update it to the latest version.
- Now open the file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe)
- After this, all you need to do is follow the on-screen steps and agree to the T&C at the last.
- After finishing the installation part, double-click on the icon of Tool Hub and launch your application.
Note :- Quick and easy Troubleshoot to fix QuickBooks Error 80070057
Step 2: Run the quick fix program from Tool Hub
So, the next step that you will have to do is use the Tool Hub and fix the error 6189, 816 in Quickbooks.
- Now, go to the Quickbooks Tool Hub and click on the “Program Problems.”
- Then click on “Quick Fix my Program.”
- Let the tool hub execute the process and then check your Quickbooks desktop as well as the data files.
Solution 2: Restart the devices
QuickBooks error 6189 and 816 can be due to multiple reasons and one amongst them is the connection error or if your desktop is unable to respond properly. So to check that, this solution is required.
- You will have to start by restarting the server of the computer that is hosting your company files.
- Then check if you are still facing the issue. If yes, we suggest you should simply restart the device too.
- But before you do that, make sure you have properly shut the software and then do the same with your device.
- Once done, launch your Quickbooks Desktop and check if the error still exists or not.
These two solutions would surely get your QuickBooks Error 6189 and 816 fixed. If the problem still remains, you can simply connect with one of our professional experts to resolve the problem. All you need to do is contact them on the number that’s flashing on your screen.
Visit DailyTimesPro to read our other blogs provide by us